Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

ebay pet peeeeev sitckers on cards

Recieved 2 cards the other day. Still have price stickers on the back...the hard to peel kind. Than had to get the goo b gone
and clean them. I wouldn't think of delivering cards like this...yet it seems to happen relatively frequently.

Does this bother anyone else?
Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• Options
    I get that myself every now then. Pain in the butt.image
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I just got one like that the other day in the mail. Had a price sticker on the back that peeled off in about 13 pieces! Then, I didn't have any goo gone and had to use a mild dish soap. People should put the card in a graded card sleeve if they want to put stickers on them.
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy solution...

Get some WD-40, spray a bit on a paper towel NOT the slab, rub briskly on the goo, it disappears rapidly. Immediately wipe area with a clean paper towel. Works like a champ.
  • Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Thats a good idea too. I just moved into the new house and don't have anything on hand yet. I will go pick up some goo gone or wd-40 for future use.
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    When shipping inexpensive cards, I often put them in old toploaders/cardsavers that I recycle from past purchases..... and most have goo or tape stickers.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    my mistake. I was refering to a graded card.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Usually the sticker is on the back of the slab (which is still annoying), but once, I got a card that had a sticker with the ebay-item number and my Ebay ID on it that was obviously added after the auction ended. I emailed the seller and suggested that he use post-it-notes if he needed to do that. A few months later I ended up buying another card from him, and guess what, he used a post-it-note. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very easy solution...

Get some WD-40, spray a bit on a paper towel NOT the slab, rub briskly on the goo, it disappears rapidly. Immediately wipe area with a clean paper towel. Works like a champ. >>

This is what I use... Comes off nice...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I have seen stickers that have been on graded cards so long that when you take them off there remains little fracture cracks in the plastic!!!! Most of the time people put them on the back. I agree with the other posts that graded cards should be put into a team bag first before the sticker is put on.

I saw at the National show this past year from many dealers do this. Also helps protect the graded cards in transit from the vibration that could cause scratches to stacks of unprotected graded cards.
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    It sure does bother me whether the sticker is on the front or back of the slab. I even get some of these cards from major nat'l dealers with a sticker that goes all the way across the back of the holder! That's why I always go thru the drill of removing the sticker & any residue under it before selling privately or on ebay. All graded cards that I sell go in sleeves. If I want to put on a price, it goes on the sleeve.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick follow up to my WD-40 post.

If you use WD-40 on the older slabs that had the white "painting' on the PSA logo (back of the slab), the WD-40 WILL take the white off.