Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSH - 1847-C $5 & 1844-C Charlotte $2 1/2 Gold

We're expecting another 12-20" on top of the 35" we received on Saturday. I'm bored... prices reduced. If interested, PM me ~

The 1847-C HE is one of the more common dates in the series. That being said, it is still a scarce coin in its own right and even tougher to find in an acceptable state of preservation. This coin grades NGC XF-45 and has soft yellow/green-gold coloration. I offer a full refund if the new owner is not satisfied with this coin.

1847-C NGC XF-45 ~ Asking $1980.00 Shipped via USPS Registered Mail

The 1844-C QE in VF to lower AU represents a mid-range rarity within the Charlotte Quarter Eagle series, with high-grade examples being quite rare. In the summer of 1844, the mint in Charlotte suffered extensive damage due to arson, causing production to halt; and therefore, did not produce any more coinage until 1846. As a result, 1844 QEs and HEs circulated heavily, with many suffering extensive abuse and heavy damage. 1844-C QEs are notable for weak strikes, making many details, especially on the reverse, indistinct and mushy. With this in mind, the coin offered is typical for the grade & level of detail for a mid-VF coin. Although it's not high on the crust-factor scale, it does have decent color & I believe the asking price is 'spot on' for a coin of this rarity and level of preservation. Of course, if the buyer is not 100% pleased with the coin, they can return it for a full refund.

1844-C Mintage 11,622: NGC VF-30 ~ Asking $1450.00 Shipped via USPS Registered mail

Got Crust....y gold?

Comments