Home Sports Talk
Options

David Garrard....

ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
...has been named to the Pro Bowl to replace Peyton Manning, who can't play because his team is in the Super Bowl.

David Garrard?!?!

I know Brady, Rivers and Big Ben are not available so you have to reach down a bit. But David Garrard? Over Joe Flacco? Over Orton and Palmer? Unless these three all declined the invitation, wow Garrard's not even in the upper HALF of starting QBs.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Just another reason why the Pro Bowl should be abolished.
  • Options

<< <i>Just another reason why the Pro Bowl should be abolished. >>

At least in the past, you had (a) most players accepting the all-expenses paid week in Hawaii and (b) Super Bowl-bound players could play. These days the players are probably looking at a weekend in Miami and deciding to pass. (Like I said -- I haven't heard, but unless you had all of Flacco, Orton and Palmer decline an invitation, you're on crack picking Garrard. And you have to get all the way down to Garrard to find "all-stars", there's no hope.)
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I was so happy when my Cowboys lost to Minnesota. Now their players can play in the Pro Bowl!
    Brett
  • Options
    I think at this point pretty much all the major pro sports all-star games should be abolished. The players don't care any more, the teams and fans are more concerned with their guys not getting hurt, and like Little League, everyone has to play.

Perhaps it's time to admit that the stakes have become too high to risk injury in an exhibition game, the money has become too big for the players to care and the teams have too much invested to want to see their players take the field in a meaningless game.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it's time to admit that the stakes have become too high to risk injury in an exhibition game, the money has become too big for the players to care and the teams have too much invested to want to see their players take the field in a meaningless game. >>

If only we could fast forward to that day...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone even watch the Pro Bowl? Outside of gamblers, I mean...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone even watch the Pro Bowl? Outside of gamblers, I mean... >>

who knows if they even do... I wouldnt know what to bet on. it's a really poorly played game every year.

the nba all star game is fun. high flying no defense action.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By game time JaMarcus Russell will be starting.