Home Sports Talk

Sanchez, Baby!!

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
The BOMB to Edwards, WOW!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Is he useless or what?

Pathetic.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another TD!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Go Jets!!!! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    17-13 at half ... Us Jet fans have to be happy.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>I can't believe this is the guy that Pete Carroll said wasn't ready for the NFL. >>

That's funny, it turns out Carroll is the one not ready for the NFL.image
  • i dont have a horse in this race, but screw INDY. lets go Jets!
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i dont have a horse in this race, but screw INDY. lets go Jets! >>

Agreed . My co-worker is a huge Jets fan. I know he's happy.

Good luck to the Jets.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting I just noticed that if ya scramble the letters in "Mark Sanchez" and rearrange it...it spells "Joe Namath".
    Shonn Greene is out.....
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20

<< <i>Shonn Greene is out..... >>

He's back on the sidelines ... but not yet in the game.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    They gotta start throwing the ball!!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    Its over. Jets defense is falling apart.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    El Foldo.....pressure will do that to a rookie.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
    El Foldo.....pressure will do that to a rookie.

Dave

Wrong. Sanchez has played outstanding (120 passing rating), Manning has just played better. If you're looking to pass blame, start with the Jets secondary. Sanchez was terrific today.

• it aint the rookie, (at least not the QB) - the defense has cooled down and the running game is almost non-existance
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jets fairy tale is over......the fat lady is warming up.

I couldn't see Indy losing this came. And I'm not even an Indy fan!
  • ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Jets/Colts was the best game of this postseason so far. Both teams played well on both sides of the ball, mistakes were few, and penalties were scarce. In the end it was just too much Peyton Manning. I found it to be a very entertaining game.
    Brett
    Agree with yamerea...at the risk of mixing sports calls and offending Secretariat fans, watching Manning is like watching "a tremendous machine!"

SteveK, you remember that one, don't you? image

Regardless, this was a hell of a season for the Jets. If Greene wasnt hurt, I think the game would have been closer.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    Jets had a very good season, especially considering a rookie quarterback and coach...and played well today but just got beat by a better football team.

The Jets future certainly looks very promising.
    Sanchez did play well; just got shut down in the second half, when it mattered. Pressure will do that. El Foldo.

NYJ fans, your team has a bright future!

Dave
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    the JETS had a good run, i'm happy with that.

i have never seen brain surgery but i suspect that watching manning play to day was pretty close to precision
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

<< <i>the JETS had a good run, i'm happy with that.

i have never seen brain surgery but i suspect that watching manning play to day was pretty close to precision >>

Not just his passing which everybody notices, but the "precision" way he uses the clock in the right way at the right time in a given situation. Me being a long time football fan, it's great entertainment to watch a quarterback such as that who is a tremendous "field general".

I have Montana at the top of my list for greatest quarterback, and one day I have a feeling perhaps Manning will be there instead.

<< <i>Agree with yamerea...at the risk of mixing sports calls and offending Secretariat fans, watching Manning is like watching "a tremendous machine!"
    SteveK, you remember that one, don't you? image >>

Unfortunately, like SteveK, I remember all the loses at the track! I still have a $2.00 win ticket (OTB, sorry) on Secretariat in the Belmont!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Agree with yamerea...at the risk of mixing sports calls and offending Secretariat fans, watching Manning is like watching "a tremendous machine!"

SteveK, you remember that one, don't you? image >>

I would agree with that analogy...although in a 1 1/2 mile race, in my opinion, Secretariat would beat Peyton Manning by at least 31 lengths.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug