Home Precious Metals
Options

64:1 Gold to Silver Ratio

Am I writing that right??? Anyway, it was about 60 to 1 a few days ago. In other words, silver has taken a bigger hit than gold. I think it is a good buying opportunity. Might buy some more SLV, or maybe even the real thing. Are you all buyers, sellers, or holders?

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    watching for a buy!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    rpwrpw Posts: 235 ✭✭
    watching for a buy!

+1
    imageimage Small Size National Bank Note Type Set $5-$100
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The GSR slingshotted straight up over the past week or so. Today it touched the 200 dma once again and then pulled back pretty sharply. It may make one more attempt at the 200 dma line which has held pretty well since September. It has recently fluctuated wildly in the 60-65 range. From March 2008 to September 2009 it has had a fairly orderly move. But it's stumped me the past 4 months.

Silver will probably take a while longer than gold to hit the sweet spot.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>The GSR slingshotted straight up over the past week or so. Today it touched the 200 dma once again and then pulled back pretty sharply. It may make one more attempt at the 200 dma line which has held pretty well since September. It has recently fluctuated wildly in the 60-65 range. From March 2008 to September 2009 it has had a fairly orderly move. But it's stumped me the past 4 months.

roadrunner >>

I never know WTH you're talking about lol image
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    200 dma = Day moving average

Texthttp://200dma.com/
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Glossary just for GSA

Just for GSA
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    added some today!image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The GSR slingshotted straight up over the past week or so. Today it touched the 200 dma once again and then pulled back pretty sharply. It may make one more attempt at the 200 dma line which has held pretty well since September. It has recently fluctuated wildly in the 60-65 range. From March 2008 to September 2009 it has had a fairly orderly move. But it's stumped me the past 4 months.

roadrunner >>

I never know WTH you're talking about lol image >>

Sometime I agree, but the times I do get it, it's like freakin gold. I love his posts.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a longer term trend it seems as if the GSR is coiling into a triangle. For now, the GSR has been well-contained in it's 200 dma "box" with a general downtrend since it peaked back in March 2008. Certainly a concern would be that following what looks to be an ABC correction from March 2008 to October 2009 (A and C legs 5 steps each, B leg in July 2009 back to 72) a rather large tracement of the entire 30 point drop could take GSR back into the 80's. If anyone has some ideas on what the current GSR wave pattern can be equated to I'd love to hear them. Is there another way to wave count the 17 month down pattern other than an ABC?

To more clearly see the entire move in GSR since its 2008 peak take the below link and substitute in "weekly" chart and select a "2 year" time frame. www.stockcharts.com offers free charts and tutorials on getting up to speed on charting basics.

Gold to Silver ratio chart - short term

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of course they could both go down a lot and keep the same ratio. I love RR's GSR posts as well and always reminds me to look for good arbitrage opportunies as well. long one/short the other .....MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......