Home Precious Metals
Options

Going to the Lone Star State

Several weeks from now I'll be in Texas where 12 months ago I began a journey in the Precious Metal world. Prior to this, I was a semi avid coin collector, buying one or two key dates a year. As the economy tanked in 2007, I started to look at PM's.

A year ago while in Texas, I visited our local coin dealer and upon my request he started my education of gold and silver. First purchase was made at that time, 2 ea small 2.5 gram bars of gold. I was walking on air with my $79.00 ea. bar purchase.

Soon after, I began visiting this message board. The education exploded, my research intensified and fortunately I could afford many more purchases. As I look forward to my trip back to Texas where my journey began, I know I'll find another PM to add.

Thank you to all on this board who have given me the knowledge and tools to enjoy this new endeavor. image

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Have fun!imageimage
    Becky
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    So, where 'bout are you headed, pardner?
  • Options
    I am planning to move to austin.

tired of commiefornia
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Hummmmm...you're gonna love Austin. It is the heart of Texas in many ways. Hope you like beautiful, smart, women and parks and tubing and drinkin' with your buddies on the river and skinny dipin' and freedom and ladies that can drop a running deer with a whistle and drop a 6' cowboy with a wink. Oh, yeah, you can go to the university and get a few degrees and if you like soft ware and hardware, that's where they make it so there's lots of folk into that. If you like wild beautiful scenery and wild people to go in it then you will like Austin, may you be one of those people in the scenery and love Willie and armadillos and Stevie Ray and Lone Star beer. If you like politics...well, in Austin, they don't use gloves so that's kinda fun, you just have to be careful that you don't get none on 'ya. Welcome to Texas, now get to work! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

Edited to add:
  • Options
    locate yourself south of the Colorado River and west of Lamar Boulevard and you'll be OK. My home as a youngster, from '55-'78. Talk about goin' through Them Changes! image

Barton Hills and Westlake Hills, south Austin, beautiful hill country separated by the great and sacred, Barton Creek. I've run so many miles of whitewater on that creek through the years..., hunting, trapping, fishing, climbing, cliff diving, caving, camping, too.

I hope you adjust to it well. Some people who move there don't, believe me. I've seen lots of people self-destruct and marriages ruined there. Remember, you can only stand so much of a good thing.

* -
  • Options
    Going to South Padre Island area. It's 80 there today.
  • Options
    are you following me? image

I've lived down that way for about 20 years, Padre Island National Seashore is my backyard, just about.
  • Options

<< <i>are you following me? image

I've lived down that way for about 20 years, Padre Island National Seashore is my backyard, just about. >>

Maybe we'll run into one another.image
  • Options

<< <i>Hummmmm...you're gonna love Austin. It is the heart of Texas in many ways. Hope you like beautiful, smart, women and parks and tubing and drinkin' with your buddies on the river and skinny dipin' and freedom and ladies that can drop a running deer with a whistle and drop a 6' cowboy with a wink. Oh, yeah, you can go to the university and get a few degrees and if you like soft ware and hardware, that's where they make it so there's lots of folk into that. If you like wild beautiful scenery and wild people to go in it then you will like Austin, may you be one of those people in the scenery and love Willie and armadillos and Stevie Ray and Lone Star beer. If you like politics...well, in Austin, they don't use gloves so that's kinda fun, you just have to be careful that you don't get none on 'ya. Welcome to Texas, now get to work! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

"Welcome to Texas, now get to work," OMG is that refreshing!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Austin. PM me if you want some info!

You'll love it here (except for the traffic).

Welcome! image