Home Precious Metals
Options

Got Silver quarter in change today

Went to get groceries today and after paying I immediately saw one of the quarters had a white edge. I didn't think much of it as I thought it was a canadian quarter, after loading the groceries in my pickup I pulled the change out and saw it was a 1961-D Silver washington quarter!! The odd thing about the coin was the condition, it was what I would call a perfect crusty VF-35 or XF-40 usually these are AU when you get them in change the last Silver washington I got in change was a nice BU 1964-D several years ago.
Always exciting to get Silver in change.image

Comments

• Options
    Forgot to add that this is my birth year too.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. I love getting silver in change!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    gotta love that sound of silver in change when you hear it! kinda like church bells
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    nice! and do not discount that canadian stuff. often people ignore
    those canuck coins which can be silver also. I got one last year.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    1961 tooimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>nice! and do not discount that canadian stuff. often people ignore
    those canuck coins which can be silver also. I got one last year. >>

Oh I look for canadian Silver, I've gotten a 1958 canadian half dollar and a 1947 canadian quarter from a teller at my bank along with a couple of Canadian dimes from the early 60's. yes they are only 80% Silver but it's still Silver.
  • Options
    papabearpapabear Posts: 849 ✭✭
    1961 to image
  • Options

<< <i>1961 to image >>

A very good year indeed!!!!