Home Sports Talk
Options

Going from 1st to 3rd

markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
From ACTA Sports

Going First to Third

January 19, 2010

The Angels in 2009 advanced from first to third on a single 128 times — twenty more than any other major league team. The only three major league players who have gone from first to third on a single more than 50% of the time in their careers (50 or more opportunities) are Torii Hunter, Chone Figgins and Erick Aybar — all Angels in 2009.

Angels 2009- Advancing 1st to 3rd

Advances Opportunities Pct
128 367 35%

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I would think this statistic would be skewed to favor teams which have a lot of left-handed batters, as it's a lot easier to go 1st to 3rd on a single to right than to left.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were they thrown out more times trying to go to third than other teams? Anyway sounds like good aggressive baseball to me.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing deion sanders play for the yankees farm team, the fastest player i have ever seen 1st to 3rd no question. i have seen a lot of games with a minor league team AAA just down the road and lived in detroit for 3 year for school. he was the fastest player i have ever seen hands downs.

i know not really on topic but i just fondly remember seeing him run
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started