Home Sports Talk
Options

Jets vs COLTS - YIPPIE!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
Stick a fork in the Ravens image

They are DONE image

DID YOU SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED??? Way to go DALLAS!!!!!

GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Colts.

Ravens played poorly and the Colts played well enough to win. Sounds like a win to me.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to colts but I hope they get to face the saints that will be a game to watchimage
  • Options
    Very impressive game by the Indianapolis defense. No more qustions from me about taking a game and a half off.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole resting up for the playoffs thing worked out rather nicely for Caldwell and Co.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the whole resting up for the playoffs thing worked out rather nicely for Caldwell and Co. >>

In my view, it was never about whether rest would stall their momentum and such...because that game to game momentum is usually just a bunch of hogwash anyway.

To me, it was about having a chance to be remembered for something for a long time. If they win the Super Bowl this year, they are just another Super Bowl winner. But had they won it undefeated, then they would always be remembered and spoken about.

I think the risk of playing their starters for four more quarters would have been well worth the reward.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the whole resting up for the playoffs thing worked out rather nicely for Caldwell and Co. >>

In my view, it was never about whether rest would stall their momentum and such...because that game to game momentum is usually just a bunch of hogwash anyway.

To me, it was about having a chance to be remembered for something for a long time. If they win the Super Bowl this year, they are just another Super Bowl winner. But had they won it undefeated, then they would always be remembered and spoken about.

I think the risk of playing their starters for four more quarters would have been well worth the reward. >>

I agree,,,,, many teams have won Superbowls but,,,,,

Only 1 team has done it with an UNDEFEATED season!

I would have liked to have seen the COLTS go for the whole thing.

GrandAm image
  • Options
    I think the fans are more interested in the whole undefeated season thing than the players and coaches. Their only goal is to win a championship. Period. And let's face it, even though the Fish went undefeated and won the SB back in '72, does anyone rate the club even in the top 10 of all time great football teams? Certainly not top 5. I think part of the reason the Colts may have bailed out on the perfect season chase was because of what happened to the '07 Pats. Of course we can never know for sure, but perhaps the toll of capping that incredible 18-0 start allowed am inferior Giants team to beat them when it mattered most. If anything, the Colts, particularly their D, looked completely rejeuvanted this evening. I'll take the trophy anytime over that potential mystical "perfect" season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Caldwell and Co. have said from the very beginning it's not about the undefeated season. They made it very clear that it was about the Superbowl. Fans knew that for awhile, so I don't see where anyone could be suprised by them taking time to rest. Personally, let the legacy live where it is now.
  • Options
    I know it is a cliche but did the Ravens look like they suffered an emotional letdown after that dramatic win
    against the Pats last week? Even Ray Lewis seemed to lack the fire he usually brings to a game this time around.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    They looked like they suffered a let down when Lewis was called for a BS penalty in the end zone....I thought they played well for the first 28 minutes of the game.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    He led with his helmet and hit the player in his helmet, stop seeing the game with fan goggles.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Stick a fork in the Jets image

They are DONE image

image >>

My Puppy image

GrandAm image
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Had to be the best quote of year when Payton said "We tried to be humble all week and prepare for the game." No question that Ryan's fat mouth fired them up. Thank you Buddy wannabe. image
  • Options
    Had to be the best quote of year when Payton said "We tried to be humble all week and prepare for the game." No question that Ryan's fat mouth fired them up. Thank you Buddy wannabe.

Umm, Buddy never won a single playoff game in his head coaching career, Rex won two in his first year as head coach.

• Options

<< <i> Had to be the best quote of year when Payton said "We tried to be humble all week and prepare for the game." No question that Ryan's fat mouth fired them up. Thank you Buddy wannabe.

Umm, Buddy never won a single playoff game in his head coaching career, Rex won two in his first year as head coach. >>

Ummm..... didn't know you were a Buddhist. I was talking about his persona not wins and losses. Verstace? Outside of NY he just considered Buddy's kid only with a bigger gut and bigger mouth.
  • Options
    Had to be the best quote of year when Payton said "We tried to be humble all week and prepare for the game." No question that Ryan's fat mouth fired them up. Thank you Buddy wannabe.

Umm, Buddy never won a single playoff game in his head coaching career, Rex won two in his first year as head coach. >>

Ummm..... didn't know you were a Buddhist. I was talking about his persona not wins and losses. Verstace? Outside of NY he just considered Buddy's kid only with a bigger gut and bigger mouth.

Sorry, I thought you were trying to make a legitimate comparison based on knowledge of sports. My bad...

BTW, has ND been relevant this century yet?? image

• Options
    image Man that was a lame retort, Buddy and Rexy are both out making outrageous claims or statements to keep in the news and make it about themselves. Unless you recently turned 12 you get that. image Go read the article about Buddy in the NY News, its a paper btw in case you never read one. Sounds just like his kids, so tell me Rexy didn't want to grow up to be just like daddy. imageI wanna be just like dear old dad
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Indie. Gotta tip your hat to them.

That's for you Mike.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Irish Mike, You come up with the ever insightful "Like father like son" comparison and you say my response was lame? Ok, sure...nevermind that Ryan is considered one of the game's best defensive minds and took a team led by a rookie QB to the AFC Championship game...but sure, if you want to copy and paste articles from the paper (because we all know how much sports writers know) go on and utilize that linky thing, if you feel it helps you prove your point, LOL..

And Buddy Ryan may have been a blowhard, but there's no questioning his brilliance as a defensive coordinator...he also has two rings as a coach and he was the architect of the fabled 46 defense and arguably the greatest defensive team in a single season with the 1985 Bears, (even if his head coaching career was lackluster at best)..

BTW, that 12-year-old comment was cutting edge, too...I wish I'd thought of that one!