Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets injuries starting already

Carlos Beltran had surgery on his knee, even though the Mets asked him to get a 3rd opinon. He will be out till at least the end of April. The Mets have to be a little pissed about this, he just had the surgery w/o getting the team's consent. Hopefully Angel Pagan can do a good job filling in for Beltran. Could be another long year for the Mets.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link to the Philadelphia Phillies fan club if everyone is interested.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/fan_forum/index.jsp?c_id=phi

Mets fans can now become Phillies fans and enjoy rooting for a winning baseball team.

Membership is limited to the first 100 million applicants.
  • Options

<< <i>Here's a link to the Philadelphia Phillies fan club if everyone is interested.

Mets fans can now become Phillies fans and enjoy rooting for a winning baseball team.

Membership is limited to the first 100 million applicants. >>

LOL. Not changing my favorite team, just frustrating being a Met fan the past few years.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's a link to the Philadelphia Phillies fan club if everyone is interested.

Membership is limited to the first 100 million applicants. >>

LOL. Not changing my favorite team, just frustrating being a Met fan the past few years. >>

I sure know about "frustrating"...I'm a Philly fan...I don't think i gotta explain. LOL

Although, frankly, lately, being a Philly fan has been FANtastic especially with the Phillies.

Actually, I'd like to see a competitive Mets team...to me it makes the long pennant race more fun and interesting and exciting to watch.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who are the Mets?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Who are the Mets? >>

The New York Mets are a professional baseball team based in the borough of Queens in New York City, New York. The Mets are a member of the East Division of Major League Baseball's National League.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, I'd like to see a competitive Mets team...to me it makes the long pennant race more fun and interesting and exciting to watch. >>

As a Braves fan, I like seeing the Braves, Mets amd Phillies all have good teams. Makes the regular season games of any of the teams in the division more fun to watch if a Tuesday night Braves/Pirates or Mets/Astros game actually matters in the standings.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

And what sport do they play? LOL
    (From one MET fan to another)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

WE NEED THESE GUYS BACK
    imageimage
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

WE NEED THESE GUYS BACK
    imageimage >>

That team had the heart of a lion, and a dam good catcher who exemplified the heart of that team.
  • Options
    Johnny Bench once stated (paraphrase) - "If I was on a team with Jerry Grote, I'd be playing first base."
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

WE NEED THESE GUYS BACK
    >>

That team had the heart of a lion, and a dam good catcher who exemplified the heart of that team. >>

Duffy Dyer???

I kid, I kid
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

WE NEED THESE GUYS BACK
    >>

That team had the heart of a lion, and a dam good catcher who exemplified the heart of that team. >>

Duffy Dyer???

I kid, I kid >>

Don't knock any player from that '69 Mets team - you'll risk enduring the eternal wrath of Grote15.

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

WE NEED THESE GUYS BACK
    >>

Duffy Dyer???

I kid, I kid >>

Don't knock any player from that '69 Mets team - you'll risk enduring the eternal wrath of Grote15.

Seriously, I knock NO ONE from that team. In fact, I had a strange fascination with the Rod Gaspar 70 as a kid. I kept finding myself being him in sandlot games. and Bill McCool when I pitched - I sh!t you not.

image >>

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am virtually certain that with enough time Hoopster can present a sound and valid argument that Jerry Grote was at least equivalent to, and most likely better than, Johnny Bench. That much is not even debatable.

I'm not at all worried about this Carlos Beltran thing. I have always thought that Angel Pagan is a much better CF anyway, and that is not even debatable, either...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.