Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Chris Johnson to the all-time rushers set?

I just got the e-mail below from Gayle. This can't be correct. It's way, way too early to add him to the all-time rushers set. It would have to at least be put to a vote.

Hello Everybody,

We will be adding Chris Johnson to the All-Time NFL Rushers set.

There are 7 rookie cards to choose from. Please review the list below and reply with your of #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

1. 2008 TOPPS #351

2. 2008 TOPPS CHROME #TC186

3. 2008 TOPPS KICKOFF #183

4. 2008 TOPPS LETTERMAN #68

5. 2008 TOPPS MAYO #290

6. 2008 TOPPS ROOKIE PROGRESSION #207

7. 2008 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS #108

Thank you,

Gayle Kean

Collectors Universe

949-567-1119

949-833-7660 fax
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    It should be an addition to the ANNUAL RUSHING LEADER SET.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Lady Gaga should have a greatest hits album also.image
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Plus, I thought the Donruss /999 was being used?
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I just e-mailed Gayle that she had the wrong set. ANNUAL rushing leaders yes, but All-Time? That's nuts..Guy has played 2 seasons! lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    A 2000 yard season is rare enough that maybe it should mean automatic addition. Or you could consider breaking the single-season yards from scrimmage record to warrant automatic addition.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A 2000 yard season is rare enough that maybe it should mean automatic addition. Or you could consider breaking the single-season yards from scrimmage record to warrant automatic addition.

Nick >>

There is no automatic inclusion. 10,000 yards in a career seems to be the minimum for modern players. One great season, and I wouldnt care if he got 3,000 yards, would not and does not make someone an all-time great IMO. Guy needs to do it on a consistent basis. Anyone can be a one hit wonder...

Gayle fixed this issue BTW. She meant to send the addition to the ANNUAL RUSHING LEADERS, which is exactly where the one huge season guys belong. No lines, no wait,and inclusion is automatic..Kinda strange only Topps cards were considered though...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A 2000 yard season is rare enough that maybe it should mean automatic addition. Or you could consider breaking the single-season yards from scrimmage record to warrant automatic addition.

Nick >>

There is no automatic inclusion. 10,000 yards in a career seems to be the minimum for modern players. One great season, and I wouldnt care if he got 3,000 yards, would not and does not make someone an all-time great IMO. Guy needs to do it on a consistent basis. Anyone can be a one hit wonder...

Gayle fixed this issue BTW. She meant to send the addition to the ANNUAL RUSHING LEADERS, which is exactly where the one huge season guys belong. No lines, no wait,and inclusion is automatic..Kinda strange only Topps cards were considered though...

Jason >>

Exactly. You might as well add Ickey Woods to the list. He did afterall have one big season.