Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1998 SP Authentic Football - convert ungraded to graded?

In terms of collecting years, I am a novice so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions. I started collecting Peyton Manning cards a few years ago & decided to put together a set of 98 SP Authentic cards (current BV 1500/2400 for the 126 card set). Well, I got a bit carried away & now I'm just a few cards short of THREE full ungraded sets. This is one of the most valuable of the 98 football sets & includes rookies like Manning, Moss, Griese, Taylor, & Green along with vets like Marino, Favre, Elway, & Rice.

Would it make sense to submit the best cards to PSA & get 1 set graded? Does PSA give you any break on the price if you get a complete set graded? Real stupid question, huh?

Fyi-- Cards #1-30 are rookies short printed to 2000, #31-42 are vets short printed to 2000, #43-126 are cheap vets. If I do get a set graded, do I even bother to get these #43-126 cards graded? The best are only worth a buck or two so would it be a waste of money?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Scott
"slice60"
Scott

I have had good trades with taylor28jag, quasar31, danmarinocollector, woodson24kg, racin52, dscallon, gbfan, mosscarter8488, THiTo, Co1lector, Bud, & a few others.