Home Precious Metals
Options

Post your British gold sovereigns!

DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anybody has any gold sovereigns. I was thinking about ordering some, they look cool. Good idea or bad idea?

Comments

• Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    Definitely a good idea! They have a great history and never loose their value.

There should be some here...

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1928 South Africa. Bought it 06-30-05 for $111 with "found money"--cash that I didn't know was owed to me from an insurance policy I'd sold years before.

There's nothing better than making a nice profit on money you didn't even know was yours image

I encourage everyone to check with the treasurer in your state or any state in which you lived. Most have a website where you can plug in your name (or family and friends names!) to see if there is lost money trying to find you. Security deposit refunds, settlements, even inheritance. I've found $$ for a couple of my family members and a long time family friend, too!!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics, guys. I just ordered 5 sovereigns from APMEX. image
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I like the 5 Sovereign coins for their massive size. image

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This series has been very heavily counterfeited so if you buy them raw, buy them from an established and trusted dealer unless you are an expert authenticator.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Cicco,

Nice gold ladies there. Question, where can one get the display tray they are sitting in? Are the spaces 2" x 2" larger enough for a flip?

• Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is a true story or, urban legend.

I had heard/read once that British gold sovereigns are sewn into the flight jackets of
    American pilot's so, if they are shot down they have something to barter with
    friendly locals.

The gold sovereigns were allegedly the coin of choice because they are the
    most widely recognized of all the choices.

Fact or Fiction?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that a survival kit supplied to WWII pilots included a gold coin.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Cicco,

Nice gold ladies there. Question, where can one get the display tray they are sitting in? Are the spaces 2" x 2" larger enough for a flip? >>

Kuch, I thinks those displays are at least 20 years old.
    Lighthouse make something similar. And they should fit perfectly a 2x2 flip.
    You can find them at a fair price at wizardcoinsupply.com or coinsupplyexpress.com.
    Sorry but I don't have time to send you the link.
  • Options
    Thanks, will check them out.