Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1941 DDO (double die obverse)

Hi Guys,

As requested by Ira Stein and many Lincoln cent and Lincoln cent variety collectors the 1941 DDO will reappear in the Set Registry in the near future. It should have never been taken out but sometimes there can be a difference of opinion. In the best interest of collectors of Lincoln cents lets have a toast !!!

Stewart

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Doug
  • Options

Nice Work!!!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck with the toast. Lets have a image

imageimageimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Hey, that is great news! Thanks to whoever contributed to this decision. I still have my brown example.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Guys,

As requested by Ira Stein and many Lincoln cent and Lincoln cent variety collectors the 1941 DDO will reappear in the Set Registry in the near future. It should have never been taken out but sometimes there can be a difference of opinion. In the best interest of collectors of Lincoln cents lets have a toast!!

Stewart >>

A toast is clearly in order as well as steak dinner at Madison's in Long beach. Glad the 41DDo was reinstated. Thanks for your efforts on behalf of all Lincoln Major varities folk!

Ira and the Seven Varieties Boys
    Dealer/old-time collector
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they just have to get it right and require DDO#2, which is in my opinion much stronger of a spread than #1

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally, I have a PCGS 1941 DDO #2 in 64RED I would like to sell if anyone is interested. It does not have the FS number on the holder, but just say DDO on it. It works in the slot for the major variety set, but not in the complete variety set. It would need a new label with the specific designation on it. PM me if interested.
    Doug
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to all the Lincoln Registry Folks!

BTW, who ever made this happen, can I interest you in working the 1971-D Eisenhower RDV-006 for me? I'd really hate to see this coin end up in the CPG and cost $24 to get attributed. Its not a DDO but a true design variety!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

It is up and listed. Put your specimens in your set registry.

Stewart