Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Value of cards

I am submitting ~50 1970 Topps Baseball commons and was wondering what to put down for the value on the PSA sumbission form. They will have a different value if they come back 7's, 8's or 9's. While I expect the majority to get 8's, I'm not sure what to put for the value.

Thanks,
Robert
Looking for:
Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
High grade Redskins (pre 1980)

Comments

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    PSA assigns the value at whatever SMR is for a PSA 8 NQ. This is to determine whether the card can go as a "common" ($50 or less). The value you submit is for insurance purposes. You can put whatever...see the back of the form for insurance coverage costs on the return shipment.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    New PSA forms no longer require a value for submission price purposes. Now submission price is based solely upon guaranteed turnaround time. This is for insurance purposes only. Put down the amount of money you would feel comfortable in receiving should the cards get lost in the mail.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I would think the Post Office would only cover the value of the card. Lets say your cards received 7’s and 8’s and you put down the value for a 9 on all cards, just to make sure bases were covered. I don’t know for sure, so can anyone shed some light on this? Would the Post Office only cover the SMR value of the card based on the actual grade received? no mateer what you claimed as value?

One time I sold some raw cards on ebay that I had them insured that were lost in the mail and the Post Office would only cover the actual priced paid per the auction. Even when the Beckett value was higher. I probably should have kept my mouth shut regarding ebay, and probably would do so in the future regarding ebay, and just submit Beckett value for a claim
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    TREETOP - The $ value listed on the submission form is for PSA"s insurance value to return the cards to you, if your package is lost or damaged to PSA you must file a claim based on the contents and the amount you have them insured for. And since PSA ships out everything via Registered mail, where someone must sign for it every step of the way, I would think a claim is very rare. I've had dozens of PSA orders come back without incident, as so with many dealers that I know. Has anyone ever had their shipment lost in transit coming back from PSA?