Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Classic Commems

Its been very interesting for me to pursue the 144 coin set as compared to the 50 coin set a few years back..most recently started attacking the Carvers..when working on the 50 set was relatively ez to find a nice colorful 67 to fill the bill..but on the big set its 12 different Carvers..only half the dates have a 67 graded and only 19 coins graded 67 in those 6 dates(pcgs)..So i keep a pluggin along..Carvers about done.... need to find a missing 67 and one 66 that can be improved upon..a few big holes to fill but now 80% there...Love the Classic Commems, 50 different designs..Lots of history!
Bruce Scher

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Bruce! One day, I want to show you the MS67 Grant with star I have sitting around here - perhaps it may work in your set.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I am sure you will find the missing WC.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Wish you much luck on the set. Looks like the toned Commems did well at FUN. image

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    When collectors make the switch from the 50 to 144 piece set, most of them learn fairly quickly that they will have to settle for less than wonderful coins in a number of instances. Initially, it can be an eye-opener and a big letdown. Often, however, the collector/fighter instinct takes over and they work even harder to find the best coins they can for the larger, infinitely more challenging set.image

Bruce, my client still might be up for a trade involving a few of his coins.image
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Bruce,

From what i've seen from your past sets, I'm sure this one will turn out exceptional as well! Good luck, and post pictures as you get them image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Bruce- As I expected, you recently overtook my position in the WCs and BTWs, both with fantastic GPAs. Those two subset collections of yours are amazing. Congratulations! image
    Good luck with those final pieces.
    I am sure that you will have a beautiful complete set. I very much look forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bruce, I see the set is now perfect you must have found the 51-S
  • Options
    Yes a bit of luck john..thanks for your large part in this cool "sub set"..
    I have found a few other tough ones that are out and about including a few
    very low pop coins from my old 50 piece set..lots of fun and still have enough
    holes and coins that need improving on to make it fun..thanks for the nice comments guys.
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Bruce. I have seen some of your coins with your pedigree on them (Mercury dimes mostly, I think?) around and know what wonderful taste you have. Can't wait to see what you end up with, I agree about the classic commems, as historic as they are beautiful. Well, most of them ...
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.