Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1994 Classic Super Bowl Heroes Insert LT

Anyone see cards from this insert set before, and if so, do you know where they would be documented. I believe there is a Jerry Rice that is part of this set as well. This set is not listed in the latest 26th Edition Beckett Football Card Price Guide. I'd like PSA to add it to my LT Master set, but I have to get some documentation that it (or the set) officially exists. The front scan isn't coming out so well because it has a somewhat metallic finish and LT's name and Super Bowl XXI are printed in silver.

Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I haven't ever seen that one before, but I do know there are a lot of Classic cards that can't be found in the Beckett annual - many were specialty sets released at card shows or in boxed sets, but even some that were pack inserts.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i cant find it in my 24th edition either. but i am sure its real. beckett has a hard time listing everything in that big book, go figure. check on-line at beckett.com and search of all of LT's cards. you can then refine by year and company etc.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Thanks for your input Nick and JRadke4. Couldn't find it on Beckett.com. Anyone know what happened to Classic? Did another card company buy them out or did they go belly up? Maybe I could contact the company if they still exist in some form.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    classic got merged with scoreboard which i belive went out of business.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I got this off the Internet. It did not take very long to find. Anyone have connections with anyone who used to work for Classic Games in Douglassville, GA? Or does anyone know how I could get the info from Delaware about who incorporated Classic Games i.e. their President, etc.? Maybe we could get a hold of some information from an ex-Classic Games person that would bring to light some of these sets that are not listed in Beckett.

CLASSIC GAMES, INC.

Address:
    CLASSIC GAMES, INC.
    6488 EAST SPRING STREET
    DOUGLASVILLE, GA 30134
    United States
    Legal Entity Type: Corporation
    State or Country of Incorporation: Delaware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    International Class: 016
    Class Status: Abandoned
    paper goods and printed materials, namely baseball type trading cards
    Basis: 1(a)
    First Use Date: 1987-07-01
    First Use in Commerce Date: 1987-07-01

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(NOT AVAILABLE)

MADRID PROTOCOL INFORMATION

(NOT AVAILABLE)

PROSECUTION HISTORY
    NOTE: To view any document referenced below, click on the link to "Trademark Document Retrieval" shown near the top of this page.

1992-01-13 - Abandonment - Failure To Respond Or Late Response

1991-02-20 - Non-final action mailed

1991-01-31 - Assigned To Examiner

ATTORNEY/CORRESPONDENT INFORMATION

Attorney of Record
    Kim E. Rosenfield

Correspondent
    Kim E. Rosenfield
    Sirote & Permutt, P.C.
    P.O. Box 55727
    Birmingham, AL 35255-5727
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Found the Joe Montana card from that set on "checkoutmycards" website. Maybe the owner of the card can shed some light on that redemption set.

Please enjoy the red x if the picture does not load correctly.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.