Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Auction Etiquette - sellers out of town during/after auction

Why on Earth do sellers have auctions, yet send you an "out of town" email when it's time to ship or answer a question? Its happened to me three times this month. I understand the holidays and all, but what's wrong with a simple note in the description?
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Bking
    Sometimes business guys who travel for their company are asked on short notice to pick up and go out of town to resolve an issue with a client. I realize that probably is not a large percent of ebay sellers out there that do this but there are other examples of this too. Bottom line I can handle not getting my card in a week after an auction closes. I don't like it very well when I have a question about the card and they can't respond back with enough time for me to make an educated decision about the buy.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Yeah, I guess I had forgotten about all those business trips I used to make. Gotta lighten up I guess. :-)
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    If it's just an auction, i don't think they can create an "On Vacation" notice. I think you can only do this if you have a store.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>If it's just an auction, i don't think they can create an "On Vacation" notice. I think you can only do this if you have a store. >>

I used to update my auctions to indicate if I got called out of town, but I never really sold more than 1-2 items at a time. Like I said, I just need to lighten up. :-)
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I was deliberating between ending my 20 or so auctions and relisting them when I returned or letting them run, but decided to put a note in each auction about being away on vacation and adding said note to the PayPal notice that would be sent to anyone winning the auction(s). It was actually pretty simple as I was able to edit 10 auctions at a time using the "Edit" feature from the "Active Selling" section of "My Ebay" page.