Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What card is the Non Sports 52 Topps Mantle

Hi all, I new to the forum. I'm a Hockey collector but always been a fan of the Three Stooges. I'm thinking of making a low grade run at the 59 Fleer Stooges set. Any info on how tuff the cards are to find? I've been looking on ebay alot for PSA Stooges and card #1 Curly is a HIGH dollar card. My question is... is more like the 52 Pafko or 52 Mantle?
Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

Comments

• Options
    The No. 1 Curly card IMHO would be the equivalent of the 1952 Topps Andy Pafko card, a No. 1 condition rarirty. The 1959 Fleer 3 Stooges set can get very expensive because there is a collector who buys EVERY high grade one that comes up for sale & he cann't be outbid (He paid 72K for the top three graded Checklist Cards). He has something like 12 out of the top 15 Registry Sets.

The Mantle card would be equivalent to something like the three Hitler Horrors of War cards (Although they are cheaper), High Demand, Relatively plentifull.

If you want the T206 Honus Wagner of NonSport, you are looking at cards like US Caramel Presidents William McKinley, I'm Going To Be A Strongman No. 4 or Wild West Cowboy Redemption Card No. 25. Approx. 3 to 5 examples of each exist.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options

<< <i>The No. 1 Curly card IMHO would be the equivalent of the 1952 Topps Andy Pafko card, a No. 1 condition rarirty. The 1959 Fleer 3 Stooges set can get very expensive because there is a collector who buys EVERY high grade one that comes up for sale & he cann't be outbid (He paid 72K for the top three graded Checklist Cards). He has something like 12 out of the top 15 Registry Sets.

The Mantle card would be equivalent to something like the three Hitler Horrors of War cards (Although they are cheaper), High Demand, Relatively plentifull.

If you want the T206 Honus Wagner of NonSport, you are looking at cards like US Caramel Presidents William McKinley, I'm Going To Be A Strongman No. 4 or Wild West Cowboy Redemption Card No. 25. Approx. 3 to 5 examples of each exist. >>

Thanks for the info! After I put up the post I checked the Stooges sets and found all the sets... I see what you mean. I'm big history fan of WWII... I will check out the Horrors of War set.

• Options
    I have a complete Horrors of War set listed on the Registry under the name WarHoundR69. F&B scans of every card is posted. Just in case you don't already know this, once at my set, click on the small picture icon next to the card no. A bigger picture will emerge and you can go through the pictures in a slide show manner.

I have many other sets on the Registry and almost every card has F&B scans up. I do own one of the extremely rare cards I mentioned - WW No. 25. I have scans of that card up as well.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    Thanks WarhoundR69! I didn't relize it was such a big set. Gonna have a look at your set and scans.