Home Sports Talk

NFL rumor mill : Pete Carroll leaving USC to coach the Seahawks

Breaking news on ESPN.

Comments

• CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I foresee this not playing out well for Carroll.

I just can't understand why he would want to do this. I see no upside for him in this move. If he were to stay at USC and win another NC, he would be a legend on that campus.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I foresee this not playing out well for Carroll.

I just can't understand why he would want to do this. I see no upside for him in this move. If he were to stay at USC and win another NC, he would be a legend on that campus. >>

I'm guessing this has a bit to do with the possibility that the entire Athletic Dept might get caught up in the OJ Mayo mess. Wouldn't surprise me.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Talk is that he is tired of the NCAA investigations hanging over the program and something could be coming
    down pretty soon in that area, he is also reported to not be on the same page as the athletic director on
    a number of things and has had enough.

One provision with the Seahawks he wants is total control of the operation in picking who he wants
    with the draft, trades etc. he lacked that in his previous stints with the NFL and feels that he could
    be successful this time around if he had that kind of control.

I'm not convinced this is the right move for him but it is his life so I wish him the best.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The McKnight thing may blow up too...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like lack of institutional control.
    If thats the case it maybe wise to leave while your still viable.

collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing he's a goner. He could indeed become a legendary figure, but there's just too many dark clouds hanging over the program.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    good luck with that!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I foresee this not playing out well for Carroll.

I foresee this not working out well for USC.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    there's reason for this move an di don't think it will be good for SC
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see that happening- a replacement will be very tough- Nick Saban perhaps?image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Great clip from Funny or Die: Link
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>I foresee this not playing out well for Carroll.

I just can't understand why he would want to do this. I see no upside for him in this move. If he were to stay at USC and win another NC, he would be a legend on that campus. >>

It's been a moderately successful 4 years so far.
  • 1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Seahawks led the league in a category their fans don't want to admit-PED suspensions. That would have been larger if Shermans ban hadn't been overturned for mishandling like Brauns was.

Its already well known Carroll is willing to look the other way just like he did at USC. It won't be long before the league starts stripping draft picks.

<< <i>Seahawks led the league in a category their fans don't want to admit-PED suspensions. That would have been larger if Shermans ban hadn't been overturned for mishandling like Brauns was.

Its already well known Carroll is willing to look the other way just like he did at USC. It won't be long before the league starts stripping draft picks. >>

You are one bitter Tampa fan...

<< <i>

<< <i>Seahawks led the league in a category their fans don't want to admit-PED suspensions. That would have been larger if Shermans ban hadn't been overturned for mishandling like Brauns was.

Its already well known Carroll is willing to look the other way just like he did at USC. It won't be long before the league starts stripping draft picks. >>

You are one bitter Tampa fan... >>

Hardly bitter, just a realist. What's funny is the number of these old threads being bumped trying to disprove them, yet neither you nor your buddy ever poked your nose in them before they won the super bowl. Captain Hindsight indeed!
    If you go back and look, you probably wouldn't see more than 50 total posts in Sports Talk until the NFL preseason began last year. I spent my time in Sports Card forum, and in another on CU. I still say you're a bitter Buccaneer fan.

<< <i>If you go back and look, you probably wouldn't see more than 50 total posts in Sports Talk until the NFL preseason began last year. I spent my time in Sports Card forum, and in another on CU. I still say you're a bitter Buccaneer fan. >>

So until you got on the Seahawks bandwagon, you didn't post on sports. Got it.

<< <i>

<< <i>If you go back and look, you probably wouldn't see more than 50 total posts in Sports Talk until the NFL preseason began last year. I spent my time in Sports Card forum, and in another on CU. I still say you're a bitter Buccaneer fan. >>

So until you got on the Seahawks bandwagon, you didn't post on sports. Got it. >>

You're right. I had season tickets for 7 years during the leanest Holmgren years because I had money to burn. I've been exposed.
    Read my post again, apparently your reading comprehension is as lacking as your ability to win with class.
  • Whatever happened to CrimsonTider? That guy rocked!

We need more member like him who brought insight and knowledge to the table!
    Scoreboard Malfunction

<< <i>Read my post again, apparently your reading comprehension is as lacking as your ability to win with class. >>

Your comprehension is lacking, since you assume for some reason I was not a fan before this season- and I told you otherwise. Keep trying though, you might succeed at some point.

<< <i>

<< <i>Read my post again, apparently your reading comprehension is as lacking as your ability to win with class. >>

Your comprehension is lacking, since you assume for some reason I was not a fan before this season- and I told you otherwise. Keep trying though, you might succeed at some point. >>

I said you only started posting HERE after the Seahawks got good.

It's funny, though, in looking at the time line. You say you've had season tickets for 7 years. That would be 2006, or the season after they went to the super bowl the first time! Bandwagon alert! Bandwagon alert!

Where did I say I just stopped having season tickets? Anywhere? Again, you are wrong.

I had season tickets from '01-08. Not that I need to explain anything to a basement dweller like yourself.
  • Pete Carroll rumor mill : 9/11 was done by the U.S. government!

Stay classy, Pete.

Snorto~