Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Pro Bowl...... a week before the Super Bowl?

I realize they're desperate for better ratings.....but this seems really stupid.

You know darn well anyone in the Super Bowl won't be playing.......they should probably just trash the whole thing

Comments

• Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    je d'accord avec toi!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    je d'accord avec toi!

Still not sober yet? Try covering one eye when going for the keyboard.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The NFL is trying to make the Pro Bowl into something other than an afterthought that nobody besides fans
    in Hawaii care about seeing but as you say the two superbowl teams are not going to be interested in
    having their players in it because of the injury risk.
  • Options
    Its in Miami this year.
  • Options
    "Its in Miami this year."

I know that, I'm talking about how it was done in the past and the level of fan support it got in Hawaii
    and the fact that they really seemed to appreciate it being there, I suspect fan support will be more
    tepid in Miami.
  • Options
    They can still name players Pro Bowl picks or All-Pro for recognition for a great year, but the game itself should be dumped. Especially w/o players from the two best teams there.
  • Options
    Not sure about anyone else, but I've never even followed or looked at the final score of the pro bowl - the season is over, and I just don't really care much about it.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    If I were a player, I'd look for any reason to skip the Pro Bowl. Football games are tough on the body, even meaningless ones, I wouldn't want to subject myself to injury or the wear and tear just for an exhibition that nobody cares about. Not to mention that for a lot of players, the game is 4 weeks after the end of the season. Who wants to stay in shape for those 4 weeks? I'd be all about R&R once the season was done.
  • Options
    OK, but I'm watching it. Nothing else on.

What a dog & pony show. They put mikes on the players and then the announcers are all responding to the fake jibberish on the field.
    They need to speed this thing up!