Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1963-P PCGS MS66 FBL Franklin Update-no such coin !

This is a pop. one coin and will anybody fess up to owning it ?

Has anyone ever heard of who might own it ?

I can not find it in any published Registry set..............perhaps the coin dosn't really exist

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was crossed ATS and tag never returned. What is the population over there? Could it be in a set ATS?
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    no, not everyone registers their coins - I will give you that .........

but darn near every other high grade ,low pop. Franklin is in those top sets and registered .

........... the inner circle of high powered , flush Franklin people have been seeking the coin for years.

The registry sets are equal part coins and equal part egos : so if the coin exists , it could be owned by someone who has no need of recognition -

but I doubt it
  • Options
    I do know that there is a second coin out there that qualifies, but PCGS has not yet given it the FBL blessing.

The Suit owns it last I knew and it is all there in terms of bell lines and overall quality.

I have never seen the pop.1 example, but I would not be in the least surprised if The Suit's undesignated coin is the coin with the better bell lines. I'm basing that statement on the fact that the majority of PCGS MS65FBL 1963's I have seen are not really FBL IMHO.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhh , the Suit .........

never saw one man with so many box's of pure white hi-end PCGS Franklins.......

as to the FBL issue , the 1963-P is alot like the tuff S mints .......you have to use your imagination to see the lines .
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Suit????????/
  • Options
    He's a hi roller that has a passion for stone white PCGS Franklin's , always wears a 3 piece suit to the coin shows.

Last I knew he was working on a full box of each and every date ...his coins are absolutely mind blowing
  • Options
    still nobody knows squat about this coin ?
  • Options
    nobody know's nothing ??
  • Options
    "nobody know's nothing ?? " That means everyone knows something.

• Options
    The 1963 66fbl is.....GONE!! Check the pop reports today...
  • Options
    Hmmm.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

<< <i>The 1963 66fbl is.....GONE!! Check the pop reports today... >>

WOW- I wonder what the explanation would be ;

one thing for sure - the MS66 FBL PCGS price guide should shoot up to 30 grand or so !
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone look ATS to see if one popped up there?
  • Options
    no .......
  • Options
    Interesting.

I wonder if the 1957 50c in MS69 will ever show up.
  • Options
    lvr.....it has been all but proven there is no such animal as a MS 69 Mint State Franklin
  • Options
    in fact no Franklin has ever even graded MS68 by PCGS or NGC
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>lvr.....it has been all but proven there is no such animal as a MS 69 Mint State Franklin >>

The MS69 1957 50c is no longer in the pops. I'm not sure when it was taken out but I guess they realized it had to be a mislabeled proof.
  • Options
    I'm glad they took it out ; things are looking up !