Home Sports Talk
Options

5 year $35 million deal for Shanahan with Redskins

Bruce Allen will remain GM but Shanahan has the final say on personnel decisions.

First order of business will be what to do about Jason Campbell.

An official news conference is scheduled for 2 PM today to announce Shanahan's hiring.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bruce Allen will remain GM but Shanahan has the final say on personnel decisions.

First order of business will be what to do about Jason Campbell.

An official news conference is scheduled for 2 PM today to announce Shanahan's hiring. >>

More $$$$ down the drain. Shanahan will not have success unless Snyder stop meddling, which he won't.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I'm not much of a Shanahan fan (say that 3 times fast!!) Show me any success he's had without a guy named Elway holding the reins.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    thats a lot of money!!!!

is elway's kid available????
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I'm not much of a Shanahan fan (say that 3 times fast!!) Show me any success he's had without a guy named Elway holding the reins.

How many Superbowls did Elway win before Shanahan?
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm not much of a Shanahan fan (say that 3 times fast!!) Show me any success he's had without a guy named Elway holding the reins.

How many Superbowls did Elway win before Shanahan? >>

Zero. And your point is?
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    $437,500.00 for each game he coaches over the next 5 years. Not too bad eh? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I say dump Jason Campbell and pick up a top pick in the draft. Shanahan would no doubt nurture him and make him a star!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redskins will go nowhere as long as Snyder is running the show. He is clueless and has no idea how to run an NFL organization.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Redskins will go nowhere as long as Snyder is running the show. He is clueless and has no idea how to run an NFL organization. >>

True. Expertise in one business often does not translate well to the next.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    For the bump MGlicker, I will give you the same offer as Edmund with a different group of people.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>For the bump MGlicker, I will give you the same offer as Edmund with a different group of people. >>

I am fairly close to the Pascua Yaqui tribe here in Arizona. They seem to not be as sensitive as your California friends. Guess we all see life through a different prism.