Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

HELP -I am a British Collector with Pattern/Proofs...

HELP -I am a British Collector with Pattern / Proofs... we have the GRADING at the to FDC, no wer on the high points. no marks in the field in fact as beautifull as the day the coin was struck.

We consider that if the Pattern/Proof has marks in the field the Proof / Pattern is IMPAIRED.

What do I do in the US market to collect with similar grading and what is the grading to reach this standard?

Regards
A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass

Comments

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What US coins do you plan on collecting?
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks SWK. I responded to your question on U.S. grading standards on another thread, but the coins you describe
    should fall easily in the PR 65(that's Proof 65) or better category, all the way up to PR 70-which usually isn't realistic
    in any but modern proofs struck for collections, since it represents absolute perfection.

Guessing, without seeing the coins you described, PR 65-PR 67 range; perhaps better.

PCGS is grader to go with if you want the best value for your coins when/if you decide to sell them.

Hope this helps.....
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.