Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Happy New 2010 Numismitist - A great year ahead

All collectors, dealers and members

2010 will be a great year after "Annus horribilis"

Whatever u collect I wish u all have your dreams, we are on opposite sides of the big "pond".
We are connected by culture & languge and all enjoy our mutual hobby.

BR
SwK

SABENA SESTERTIUS Wife of Hadrian Emperor Hadrian ruled for 21 years from A.D. 117 until A.D. 138
Hadrian married Vibia SABENA SABENA was the Emperor Trajan's grand-niece

www.petitioncrown.com
A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year!

• Options
    Hi Swampboy

Were is the picture of the Petition Crown ! WoW it looks great - It is at present on loan to the ANA Museum

BR

www.petitioncrown.com
    A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass
  • Options
    RebelRonRebelRon Posts: 544 ✭✭
    Happy New Year fellow numismatists!image
  • Options
    Hi RebelRon

I am a 'nutter' whose interest is Numismatics and enjoy collecting, studying and communicating with everybody to understand what they collect, why they collect, what type of areas, themes and ideas everybody has + ++++++ +

br

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Swampboy

Were is the picture of the Petition Crown ! WoW it looks great - It is at present on loan to the ANA Museum

BR

www.petitioncrown.com >>

Hi SwK,

That picture was taken at the ANA Museum in Colorado Springs in June '09. One of the hightlights of my visit there was being able to study the Petition Crown up close (inside it's see-through display case).
    Simon's work is mind numbingly detailed. An awesome piece that is worth a drive of great distance to see.

For those unfamiliar with the piece imagine a large silver coin slightly larger than a silver dollar with edge lettering that reads........

THOMAS SIMON MOST HVMBLY PRAYS YOVR MAJESTY TO COMPARE THIS HIS TRYALL PIECE WITH THE DVTCH AND IF MORE TRVLY DRAWN & EMBOSS'D MORE GRACE; FVLLY ORDER'D AND MORE ACCURATELY ENGRAVEN TO RELEIVE HIM.

In two ROWS around the whole edge of the coin!!

Many thanks to the collector who lent this piece for the Coins, Crown & Conflict: An Exploration of Cromwell’s England exhibit.

Swampboy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file