Camelotimage

Comments

• BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    @#.......answer is that?image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Heh...tough choice

• All of my MAD MARTY slabs and some of my pcgs Genuine slabs........the rest can go..image
  • My Bust Half Collection currently only contains 6 coins... image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    1815 25c PCGS F12 ,1923-s 25c PCGS VF30, 1895-O 10c NGC F12 ,1809 10c PCGS VG8,1875-CC 25c PCGS VF25
    Derek
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These would make the short list...

imageimage
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • RWRW Posts: 485
    I could just about keep my whole collection imageimage
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you can pick them but would you marry them?

• tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    All right, after some hard thinking, here's my 5 (would think of 10 if I thought harder...)

1907 HR$20
    The S-VDB
    1893-S $1
    1877 IHC
    One of the Chinese Trade Dollars I've inherited
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    At this very moment

1. 1883 no cents (raw unc rainbow) v-nickel
    2. 1912 v-nickel (raw unc album tone)
    3. 1909 vdb ms 61 ANACS ( wife found searching thru bags of wheats)
    4. 1892 Colombian Commen (raw with monster toning unc)
    5. 1923 Peace dollar (raw unc sweet tonning)

I would think my wife and kid would not let me depart with the good stuff so i would hope they would at least let me have the raw coins listed above. Actually i would not want to be buried with any thing better than the coins listed. I would rather let my wife and kid get screwed by a coin dealer than to totally lose it buried with me. lol
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    image sold em
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmm . . . something hard to replace yet numismatically important to some degree.

Perhaps since my contact info is so readily available, including through this site, I'll pass, but I find this thread an interesting take on the "box of 20" idea. Fun, and eminently interesting as we try to pick though the essence of the collecting mentality to distill into 5-10 pieces.

I think you'll find many of the answers you get reflect the top line of my post, with the only difference being the financial resources of the poster . . .

Great idea though . . .

Drunner

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

@#.......answer is that?image >>

A smart arse answerimage >>

That was a good one Stefanie.

Hoard the keys.
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that start with 17
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • 1st...The VF 1942/41 Merc my Dad got in change in the early 60s. A moment of unrestrained joy I will never forget.

2nd... The extra fine 1799 Bust Dollar I bought...My most expensive purchase, I traded a lot of common silver for that one.

3rd...My 2009 1st strike 70 UHR...It's simply a thing of beauty

4th-10th, Now it gets tough. Probably the most appealing perfect Buffalo Nickel and Walking Liberty Half I have, my nearly perfect 1917 type 1 Standing Liberty Quarter, my ms65 Oregon Trail Half, and lastly the 3 proof Spouse Liberties. I'm hoping to still add the 4th when it comes out.

It's funny but the so called keys, the 09s vdb, the 16 d, and the others I have would not be my priorities.
  • RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no other coin collectors in my family, hopefully I will be able to swallow what I have before I bite the big one. image
  • "I would think my wife and kid would not let me depart with the good stuff so i would hope they would at least let me have the raw coins listed above. Actually i would not want to be buried with any thing better than the coins " The question was about which coins you want to be buried with? Wasnt it just which coins you want to keep now? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file