Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Reach baseballs...looking for some help.

I'm curious if anyone can help me date this reach baseball I have. From what little I've tried to find out it's after 34-35 but beyond that I can't seem to find anything. I'm sorry for the terrible pictures but my camera sucks and takes blurry pictures so I used my scanner to get these. It has a bunch of autographs on it but I can only figure out one of them. Again my camera sucks so taking a picture of the signatures(most of them are terrible now anyways) would be worthless. Thanks for any help!

Ryan

EDIT: I wanted to edit to add Connie Mack signed the sweet spot and died in 1956, so it's somewhere between 1934/35 and 1956. I'm trying to figure out if it's some sort of team signed(A's) ball or something else. Thanks!
Ryan

Comments

• Hi Ryan,

Can you identify the League President's name on the ball?

The ball looks like it's from the late 40s - early 50s era. (Spalding baseballs prior to the 40s had red and green stitches).

Unsigned the ball is worth around $50-$75.

If Connie Mack's signature is clearly legible and authentic, the ball should fetch at least $1,000 or more depending on the other signatures being identifiable and authentic.

PoppaJ

• << <i>Hi Ryan,

Can you identify the League President's name on the ball?

The ball looks like it's from the late 40s - early 50s era. (Spalding baseballs prior to the 40s had red and green stitches).

Unsigned the ball is worth around $50-$75.

If Connie Mack's signature is clearly legible and authentic, the ball should fetch at least $1,000 or more depending on the other signatures being identifiable and authentic.

PoppaJ >>

I really appreciate the help! As far as I can tell I don't think it's an official AL ball. It doesn't have a presidents name on it. It just shows the stamp(the second picture, which I can't even read very well in person) and says "Reach Official League". I wish I could take better pictures for you on the autographs but my camera is a piece and won't take anything but blurry pictures of it. If I can get a better picture of the autographs(and ball) maybe someone can help me with them as well. Thanks again!
    Ryan