Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

error experts..pmd?

Was curios what the error experts think of this quarter.I was thinking broadstruck but you can see the reeding.
ebay auction number 3502993090 if someone could post it here I would appreciate it.Please take it easy on me if this is obviously post mint damage as I am new to error collecting and fairly new to coin collecting.Thanks for any help.Mike

Comments

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome !

I get that the coin has been removed from ebay.
  • Options
    welcome to the forum and a happy new year. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Hi, yes the auction has ended.I really wanted to ask before I bid but I have been a lurker long enough to know to take the chance then ask questions.Mike
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

.......image witty!
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was curios what the error experts think of this quarter.I was thinking broadstruck but you can see the reeding.
    ebay auction number 3502993090 if someone could post it here I would appreciate it.Please take it easy on me if this is obviously post mint damage as I am new to error collecting and fairly new to coin collecting.Thanks for any help.Mike >>

Mike-

Welcome! I believe your eBay number is a couple of digits short. If you can post the full number, I'll like to the auction. You may not be able to buy it, but you will get some valuable insight.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Astrorat, Thank you for catching that.The correct number is 350299309084.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...Mike
  • Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    it's PMD.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the link.

It is the victim of post-mint damage. You were smart to ask before you bid.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    looks like it was filed down or some other device....
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone went after it with an abrasive wheel on a Dremil
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file