Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinion on 1984 USFL Steve Young

There is an auction with a perfectly centered raw USFL young.
It looks too good , but my concern is the back. I think the top
may be trimmed (always cautious), but I'm not that familar with football.
It looks inconsistent with the other 3 edges.
Your thoughts? I don't collect football, but I try to get Montanas, Rice, and Young
for my very best friend who grew up in SF and is a die hard niners fan to this date.

Comments

• Options
    Here is the back of my PSA 9...although a tiny crooked in case...need to rescan that.

imageimage

Went ahead and added front it is pretty well centered.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Was this card counterfeited as well?
    Your card looks darker on the back.

Here's the front:

• Options
    Does the seller sell graded cards? That's usually a good way to tell if the card is bogus. Why would he sell it raw if it's nice and he grades cards.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    It's also a little unusual for both the front and back of a card to be blurry (or it could just be the scan). How sharp is the "TM" on the card? I would be more concerned about the card being a fake versus one that has been trimmed.
  • Options
    My card is scanned and his is photographed is likely the difference in the color tone. Other then that I do not have much of an opinion. (I paid a premium for mine due to centering and should resub it sometime).

Edit to note: Not sure...maybe his is scanned. Maybe look at his other cards.....or just get one graded...:^)
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the graded Young has one star in the bottom right corner next to the company copyright/year and the raw one has 2 stars. Is that a variation or signs of a reprint?
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna pass. Looking at his FB though--spotless, with 1 neutral, he sells both raw and graded.
    I see a Reggie White 85 USFL that is clearly trimmed from a past sale.
    Thanks guys.

Here's his auction
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Eagle ... here is mine for you to compare:

imageimage
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.