Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official PackMan81 Rip Thread

Since I am poor and cheap this will probably be updated very infrequently and with far from stellar product and results.

Warning Long!

I decided to get crazy and spend $85 on 4 packs of 08 SP Rookie Edition Football, 2 packs of 07/08 SPx Basketball and a box of 08 Donruss Sports Legends.

First up was 08 SP Rookie Edition football. You get 2 rookies a pack, but since it was so cheap I didn't have high expectations.

Pulled the following rookies Chad Henne, Sedrick Ellis, Paul Smith, Matt Flynn, Donnie Avery, Geno Hayes, Kevin Smith and Mike Hart. Also pulled an Allen Patrick? auto. Wasn't expecting an auto or game used piece so this was a surprise. It is a fairly ugly card though, between the way the background looks and his auto which is a loopy mix of A and P.

if on the off chance anyone collects these the cards I got are # 1, 11, 23, 28, 31, 34, 38, 51, 53, 59, 70, 75, 76, 83, 91, 107, 135, 138, 139, 144, 147, 148, 153, 270

Next up 2 packs of Spx 07/08 Basketball 3 cards per pack, 1 hit a pack, obviously hoping to pull a Durant rookie auto of some kind.

First pack get Haslem, Barbosa and Okafor base cards. My hit is a dual jersey of Rudy Gay.

Second pack I get Al Jefferson and Lamar Odom base cards. My hit is a Kyle Korver Auto.

Finally is 08 Donruss Sports Legends. 10 packs per box, 5 cards per packs, 4 hits per box including atleast 1 auto. Only 1 pack didn't have a auto, jersey or #'ed card.

I will save the first pack I opened for last because this thread probably wont get much better than that pack.

I pulled a Ron Turcotte red parallel 226/250 and a Serena Williams red 127/500

John Elway Champions 855/1000, Bill Walton Champions 289/1000

Mike Bossy Museum Collection 953/1000

Now on to the hits.

I want to put together a set of Red autos and red game used so I will be starting my collection with these two.

Lefty Kreh red auto 100/1250, Dominique Wilkens red jersey 271/300

Open the last pack knowing there should be a hit in it. I was expecting something along the lines of a jockey auto or game used pieces. Hoping that atleast if it were something like that it would fit into my collection. Instead I get a glimpse of the side and see it is a blue auto. I get excited hoping it is the Larry Bird #'ed out of 2. But it is "only" an Al Kaline blue auto 36/50 which I was very happy with considering I was sure it would be a jersey card.

Now on to the first pack I opened. I had seen a few box breaks of this on youtube and didn't have my hopes up about getting a great box. I open the pack and the first card I see is a Dominique Moceanu base card. I thought to myself I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Half way through the pack I start seeing the blue on the side so I know i'm getting a blue parallel, I was hoping it was an auto. So, I slowly slide the card to get a view and it is a blue museum collection auto of John Elway #ed out of 10. I get excited because this is a big pull for someone as cheap as I am! I am halfway through the box when I realized I never even saw what number the card was, I go back and it is 7/10. My first thought was I am flying to Vegas tomorrow and taking this to Rick on Pawn Stars and asking for $5,000!! image

My scanner is terrible and does no justice to the Elway and Bossy

I will list the base cards I got if anyone is interested, didnt want to make this even longer by listing 40 or so cards.

Comments