Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Corners vs Crease

Pick your favorite defect (or most tolerable) - would you rather have a card with poor soft or worn corners or one with nice corners but a hairline crease?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    hairline crease all day, especially if not noticeable.
  • Options
    Soft corner as long as it's not dinged unless it is a modern card.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    If it's something I am keeping for my own collection ... nice corners with a hairline crease.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Interesting, for some reason I thought most people can't stand any sort of crease line ...
  • Options
    I am just post padding
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hey Bill ... if you fly to California tomorrow you will have an additional three hours to make the 136 more posts you need for TEN GRAND!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I definitely would rather have soft corners than any kind of crease. (unless we are talking about one of those wrinkles that drop the grade but are hard to tell without magnification)
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'll go with hairline crease every time. You try to tell me where it is on this one.

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a small crease to the right of his eye in the white border. Check out this PSA 1 due to creases?
  • Options
    I am in the hairline crease crowd as well.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Hairline crease, but also a wax stain ranks up there with me. You can almost never see them in the holder when looking straight on.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Hairline crease and for a card pre 1974, even a more substantial crease as long as it's near a corner.
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    I would say soft corners, only because I am conditioned to believe that creases of any sort are bad. However, the cards shown in this post are beauties and they look nicer than cards with soft corners.
  • Options

I don't mind hairline creases at all. But I'll take soft corners over folded card.
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I can tolerate anything as long as the picture is centered.
  • Options
    I'd say it would depend on the over all appearence of the piece.

I collect Vintage cards (PRE-1942 mostly) if they have sharp corners they usually end up out of my price range. Rounded corners make the price better for me.

Personally my dream card is a 1925 Exhibits Lou Gehrig Rookie. Rounded corners and creases are all welcome.

Dave
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting, for some reason I thought most people can't stand any sort of crease line ... >>

This might have have to do with how badly PSA hammers cards with even the tiniest of creases. Most people here collect PSA-graded cards, so they care about what PSA cares about.

I'lll take a hairline crease over worn corners any time. I go by how close I have to examine the card to see the flaw.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hairline crease any time. Creases only bother me if they are heavy and through the players face.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I'm going Hairline crease, they make for nice looking TTM's for the older players!