Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1971 topps buckner Opinion

Ive been looking for a 71 Buckner to sub for my player registry and this is the best I have found yet. Any opinions would be appreciated as I have no experience with the 71's. . It doesn't appear to recolored. I see some issues maybe on the top right edge and the bottom right edge and corner. Also, does it look trimmed at all? My hopes are that it would grade an 8 but Im usually off a grade or two on older stuff. thanks

Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top

Comments

• My opinion:

He should have bought some tweezers.

Card is a PSA 7
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Cubsfan,

I think a 7 at best .. but possibly a 6.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Buckner is a good TTM'er but his 1970 Topps would be better.

+1 for post padding to get to 10000

• << <i>Cubsfan,

I think a 7 at best .. but possibly a 6. >>

This Doug agrees with this Doug. Nice card though
  • I agree, most likely a 7. Get 4SC to submit it for you and you could pull a 9.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'd rescan that with the cover open and repost the pic
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • This Bill agrees with the second Doug that agreed with the first Doug.

+2 for post padding to get to 10000
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking a 6 as well. IMO, the bottom edge and the bottom right corner are negatives.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell if it's been trimmed...I do see a slight issue on the top edge...It appears cut in on the top left side and isn't parallel with the bottom, but that could be the scan.
    IF not, could be a 7.
    Good luck to you.

brian

• << <i>This Bill agrees with the second Doug that agreed with the first Doug.

+2 for post padding to get to 10000 >>

And so on..... and so on....and so on..... Never mind, no one remembers that commercial.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    It could get a 7, no chance at an 8 IMO. They seem to be tough on '71s and any small defect is amplified by the black borders. Depending on the grader I agree with the others: 6-7
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Cool thread
  • Thanks for the opinions. Heres another scan cover open.

Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    7 I think
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the opinions. Heres another scan cover open.

image >>

Are you sure? Usually the background's black with the cover open.
  • Must have an HP. Mine looks the same with the lid open.