Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yogi Berra Ball

This sounds a bit far fetched.. but by buddy works with a guy who dates yogi berra's grand daughter. He was able to get baseball signed for my grand father who turns 90 this year and is a huge yankee fan. It says happy 90th Tony Yogi Berra. This a crummy pic from a camera phone.. any experts out there take a look and tell if it looks real or not. I have no reason to think its fake.. and doesn't really matter since its personalized.. it doesn't have any resale value.. i was just wondering

having trouble with the attachment..
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

No pic?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    are you able to click on the attachment?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    That looks just like the one I got Yogi to sign last year. I say it is the real deal.

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    thats good to hear.. i compared it to some autos i saw on line and it looked pretty similar... but i'm by no means an expert. plus its not something that he would ever sell so didn't think it was worth sending to psa.. the downside what greater than the upside.. if it came back "authenticity questionable"
  • Options

<< <i>That looks just like the one I got Yogi to sign last year. >>

Yogi signed your ball "To Tony" too? That's weird.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    That's exactly what happened Bill!

I walked up to Yogi and said, "Hi Yogi, my name is Steve." He said, "Hey Tony, nice to meet you!" and proceeded to sign my ball "To Tony Happy 90th Yogi Berra." I looked him and then the ball. I pointed to the ball and said, "Yo!" to which he replied, "Yo-GI". I told him I came to a fork in the road and took it on my way to see him and that I paid cash which is as good as money for his autograph. He said I better get heading home because "it gets late early out there."

It was like deja-vu all over again.

So I took my ball and headed home, only to get in an accident. Luckily I had insurance. I got hurt and missed work, but it didn't hurt to miss work.

And that's my true story. Scouts honor. image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>That's exactly what happened Bill!

I walked up to Yogi and said, "Hi Yogi, my name is Steve." He said, "Hey Tony, nice to meet you!" and proceeded to sign my ball "To Tony Happy 90th Yogi Berra." I looked him and then the ball. I pointed to the ball and said, "Yo!" to which he replied, "Yo-GI". I told him I came to a fork in the road and took it on my way to see him and that I paid cash which is as good as money for his autograph. He said I better get heading home because "it gets late early out there."

It was like deja-vu all over again.

So I took my ball and headed home, only to get in an accident. Luckily I had insurance. I got hurt and missed work, but it didn't hurt to miss work.

And that's my true story. Scouts honor. image >>

///////////////////////////

Ted, you didn't really SAY everything you SAID, did you? image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    . it doesn't have any resale value

Really? I'd pay 10.00 for it.

It has some resale value.

Steve
    Good for you.