Home Precious Metals
Options

An interesting read.

Here.

Thoughts?
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Very, very interesting. It may be that the Fed is secretly purchasing these Treasuries in some manner. Someone has to be buying them. The purchases could be done through some intermediary. The purpose is obviously hide the amount of quantitative easing that's really going on. If the other buyers knew the government was really QE-ing all that debt -- in other words inflating it away -- the demand for Treasuries could collapse.

This could explain why the Fed got so bent out of shape when the Congressional bill came up to audit them.

I wonder why the mainstream media and the financial press hasn't dug into any of this? Or is that not the right question? image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    TTT for this article -- anyone have any comments? It's really an interesting read. If true it would be an incredible news story.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a secret. I keep reading articles about the Fed's purchase of both Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities.

I think that the whole government financial problem has made most people "war-weary" and tired of trying to figure it out. The problem is that nobody seems to have any say about government policy, and therefore most people start thinking that it won't affect them in the long run.

The problem is, it will.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.