Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Krause World Coin Catalog on CD

Has anyone used any of the World coin catalogs on CD ?
I would like to know what you think of it and how easy it is to scan through looking for a particular coin.

Thanks

Bob
Past transactions with:
Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave the 20th C CD to Rob Shinnick, lordminivan, and loves it. Send him a PM.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Don, sent Rob a message.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • I just got all 5 (1600 to present) on CD. The files on the cd are PDF format, all exdept the 1600s have a country index so it is pretty easy to search. The 1600s are broken up into three PDF files with no country index. But you can still do a keyword search. Just click on the country and it will bring you to the corresponding page. One thing I found a little annoying is that when you zoom out to see an entire page the text is too small the read so you need to zoom in. I also don't have a laptop so I have to be at my computer in order to view the catalogs. I got all 5 for $60, much cheaper and easier than all of the books.
  • BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    "One thing I found a little annoying is that when you zoom out to see an entire page the text is too small the read so you need to zoom in"

That's exactly the thing I dont like about these "e-versions" of sales flyers, catalogs or whatever. you can't read the whole page and have to keep zoom in zoom out.

If that's the way these are formatted then I guess my question is answered.

Bob
    Past transactions with: