Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone going to any bowl games this year?

Title says it all....anyone else going to a College Football bowl game this year?

My USF Bulls got shipped up to freakin Toronto, so I'm going to have to bypass ours this year. However, I'll be at the Champs Sports Bowl over in Orlando with "the boys" watching Miami-Wisconsin. Should be a pretty good game, but I think Miami will win by a touchdown or two. We'll see!

Comments

• Options
    Independence Bowl for the first time since LSU/Notre Dame in 1997. Probably the best matchup since that game with Georgia/Texas A&M.
  • Options

<< <i>Independence Bowl for the first time since LSU/Notre Dame in 1997. Probably the best matchup since that game with Georgia/Texas A&M. >>

I thought about going to LSU-Penn St over in Orlando, mostly to see JoePa and Penn St (my dad's from PA), but tickets are just too expensive.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Just watching on TV.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I will be at the Champs bowl,never seen the U in person.I can't
    miss the Capital Bowl,one of my workers is a huge Penn St. fan,
    made me a deal I couldn't refuse,he buys,I drive! Also looking forward to the
    pro-bowl for some auto's this year.

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to a bowl game??

50" HD plasma to watch, with surround.
    Parking is free.
    Men's room is clean and has no lines, plus very short walk.
    Food is great.
    Recliner is all mine.
    No driving, no gas to buy, no road hassles and no weather issues.
    Zero ticket cost.

hmmmmmmmmm...

I think I'll be home...enjoy the games. image
  • Options

<< <i>Go to a bowl game??

50" HD plasma to watch, with surround.
    Parking is free.
    Men's room is clean and has no lines, plus very short walk.
    Food is great.
    Recliner is all mine.
    No driving, no gas to buy, no road hassles and no weather issues.
    Zero ticket cost.

hmmmmmmmmm...

I think I'll be home...enjoy the games. image >>

I'm the type that enjoys GOing to sporting events if given the choice. Anyways....

1. Experiencing it LIVE with my senses is better than any tv.
    2. My ticket is FREE.
    3. There are no weather issues, it'll be 65 and sunny during the day.
    4. Parking split amongst a car full of people.
    5. 1 hour drive spent with friends goes by very quickly.
    6. No need for surround sound since I'll be surrounded by 50 thousand cheering fans.

Oh yeah, and a day tailgating with my buds and a night of football!

You're right I will enjoy the game image

In all honesty, even if I did have to pay it'd be worth it. Experiences like this are worth the $$$.

• Options

<< <i>
    I'm the type that enjoys GOing to sporting events if given the choice. Anyways....

1. Experiencing it LIVE with my senses is better than any tv.
    2. My ticket is FREE.
    3. There are no weather issues, it'll be 65 and sunny during the day.
    4. Parking split amongst a car full of people.
    5. 1 hour drive spent with friends goes by very quickly.
    6. No need for surround sound since I'll be surrounded by 50 thousand cheering fans.

Oh yeah, and a day tailgating with my buds and a night of football!

You're right I will enjoy the game image

In all honesty, even if I did have to pay it'd be worth it. Experiences like this are worth the $$$. >>

Couldn't have said it better, a Tech season ticket holder, I drive back for as many Tech games as I can (5 1/2 - 6 hours from Dallas to Lubbock) and I'm headed to SA for the Alamo Bowl on Wednesday. I like to arrive early and experience all the bowl stuff has to offer, giveaways, talk to locals at bar, talk to opposing team's fans, etc. My mom asks me the same things that MCMLVTopps said, "Why don't you just stay home and watch on that HD and save the money." I give her Goot's response to a tee. While I'm young, and can do it with no obligations I want to GO to as many live events as possible!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    The guy who claims to prefer to watch a game on TV over watching it in person is either too strapped financially from his 50" HD plasma with surround sound that he can't afford to go, or has no friends to attend the game with. The game in person is ALWAYS a better experience, that is, if you have friends to share it with. If not, then of course you'll enjoy the view from the recliner that is 'all yours'.

• Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    HGenesis, you are a d*&^head!

In your first 24 posts, all that you have done is insult others. Either your a person who has a negative vibe or this is one of your alternative IDs and you just use it to make outlandish claims. To say that someone who prefers to watch a game in the conforts of ones house is a sign that they are both finacially strapped and has no friends is about as stupid of a comment that I have ever seen on this forum.

I assume that this is what you really wanted, you wanted someone to confront you so that you could start a little bickering war with them. Well, I fell prey to your ways, but I will not anymore. You can continue to troll around and make as many rude comments as you please. I will not reply or even acknowledge them in the future. I hope that you have fun trolling around. I hear that some people do those kind of things for fun.

I would also encourage other to ignore his comments, they are only being made to get arise out of us. He is the type if you just ignore him, hopefully he will go away. From this point foward, HG is on my ignore list.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I personally will be watching the Rose Bowl on TV. However, my sister and brother-in-law will be flying out to California to see it. I must say that I am jealous!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>HGenesis, you are a d*&^head!

In your first 24 posts, all that you have done is insult others. Either your a person who has a negative vibe or this is one of your alternative IDs and you just use it to make outlandish claims >>

Or he has been banned numerous times and can't find anything better to do in his Mom's basement.
  • Options
    I'll be at the Orange Bowl