Home Sports Talk

NY Giants say goodbye to the Meadowlands...

...and, predictably, they stink up the joint. Led by the mindless, brainless, and ball-less Sheli Manning, the Giants stumbled, fumbled, and bumbled their way through what should have been an emotional game for the players. But, true to form, their minds, hearts, and souls weren't into it. How is this possible? The last game in their home stadium before they move into new digs, the playoffs on the line, and they put up a stinker against a QB making his third start, a running back runs for over 200 yards, and sloppy tackling? When you have 2 non-leaders such as the aforementioned Manning and brain-dead coach, this is the result. A team that started out 5-0 is going to be just the second team not to make the playoffs since they went to the new format.

Meanwhile, the Eagles and Cowboys are going. The Packers are going. But on a day when the Giants could have showed they had hearts and weren't just emotionless, soulless buffoons, they came up empty. Typical, as these words epitomize how incompetent a leader Eli Manning is, and has always been.

Enjoy the off-season, giants 'fans'! Enjoy the long, cold winter in which your local radio sports talk will be inundated with mouth-breathing heathens!

Comments

• The new stadium looks pretty cool. Not quite as flashy as Cowboys stadium, but looks like some really nice digs. The pro-environmental efforts are neat to see as well. Nothing earth shattering, but to take the initiative in the first place is great. It even grabbed some discussion time in my Environmental Policy class last semester.

Link
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Welcome back, Ax! We missed you!

• << <i>The new stadium looks pretty cool. Not quite as flashy as Cowboys stadium, but looks like some really nice digs. The pro-environmental efforts are neat to see as well. Nothing earth shattering, but to take the initiative in the first place is great. It even grabbed some discussion time in my Environmental Policy class last semester.

Link >>

I like the new stadium. And while each game will still create enormous amounts of trash and waste.....it is very nice to see all the efforts the teams/EPA has made to made as little impact as possible, without going extreme with cost or the like.

It would be nice to other stadiums at least put up recycling bins in accessible locations.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

• << <i>Welcome back, Ax! We missed you! >>

If so, then HGenesis will soon be on his Exodus. image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome back, Ax! We missed you! >>

Not really but what the hey ..... hey Ax! I missed me some good New York tantrums and tears.
    Do tell us about 9/11 again will ya dopey? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Is it true that some people who drive one of these...

..."graduate" to one of these?

• Giants better suck it up next week and beat the Vikes to help out their NFC East partners!

The Eagles need a Vikes loss to get them into the second seed.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Giants better suck it up next week and beat the Vikes to help out their NFC East partners!

The Eagles need a Vikes loss to get them into the second seed. >>

Correction - the Cowboys need a Vikes loss to get the 2nd seed. :-)

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • It was indeed a strange weekend for the NFL.