Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

So.. how did Christmas treat you?

Only coin related thing I got was a new x30 triplet loupe. Anyone else score a bit better????

Comments

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa, (aka my wife) brought me three coins. A 2001, 2002 colorized Maple Leafs and a real beauty a 2009 Crystal Raindrop Maple Leaf.

-Robertimage
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    I got me a partial 2009 US mint set. Didn't include the dollars. Then I resold part of the partial mint set. Ha.
  • I got the giveaway box on Christmas Eve...Lots of fun. I pulled a few coins (Thanks Spoon) and added some silver and misc. I will ship the giveaway to Todd on Tuesday.

Chris

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just thankful I was not on Flt 253 on Christmas Day, that I just barely made the flight the day before - my inbound flight into AMS was two hours late and I very nearly missed the outbound flight to DTW - which would have probably put me on that flight. Yes, really.

So my only Christmas thing numismatic was the 5 Euro note I found laying in the snow in Kyiv Ukraine.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Thanks so much for that Bob.

I got golf balls and a tie image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Got a U.S. proof set. I get one every year. That's the only coin related gift. Got some cash too. I probably will make a darkside purchase, but first I need some t-shirts, socks, jeans, etc. . All in all a great day with family. Couldn't really ask for more.
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Zip - as expected image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a shirt and sweater.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought myself a 1953 South African proof set in the original mint hard case, the color on these coin are just beautiful!! Here's one of the coins you can look at...

imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a three pound sack of assorted world coins. Overall I got 224 new coins in it, which (probably) nearly doubled my collection, (I need to figure that out) and is the largest amound of new coins I've gotten in one day. Also got 16 new countries out of it. image

Items ranged in age from 1903-2009. Mostly more modern stuff, but that is fine with me, I like it all. Even some Euros. The last time I purchased a mixed bag of world coinage I got back into the 1800s, but I only got 1 pound that day.

That bag on Christmas also got me some duplicates, which means I am now really able to start up a trade list. Problem is finding people who want modern circulated coins with a book price of ~.10 image

I also got the Standard Catalog of Modern World Currency (a Krause book) which I am only barely beginning to read, enough sleeves to house my entire currency collection (No more envelope!) and enough extra holders that, at my current rate of currency purchasing, will last me until 2012 or so...literally. I also got some world currency, which was a total surprise.

I also got 25 of the US year set holders from Whitman, cent through half dollar. I am working on putting my entire US and Canadian collection into them. I still need more, but I am making headway now. Most of what I have left to put in from the US is the few older issues I've been able to purchase or pull from circulation, and I have only one or, if I am lucky, two coins to put into it. I still want to get the holders though to keep the coins safer then they are now. The majority of my collection is US coinage that I have pulled from circulation, and I've found stuff dating to 1919 since I started looking in 2008!

That is pretty much all I asked for this year, and I got everything I expected and more. (I didn't expect a three pound bag!)
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I got a US 1877s trade dollar. dont collect that many US coins as I love the darkside but it was very nice piece as I had never seen one before. I also got the 2010 bluebook

chris
  • harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for the holidays, but my birthday falls within the time frame. My brother sent me a medal as described in the link:

Houdini

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    No coins, but my first "collectible" gun:

An original 1884 Springfield "Trapdoor"

• harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it still fire?
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Hi Muygrandeoso

u r showing an avitar of a britih george iv copper are u collecting Brittish?

br
    www.petitioncrown.com
    A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass
  • JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does it still fire? >>

Supposedly.

We'll see in a couple of weeks when the range opens up.
    It also took me a while to find the correct blackpowder cartridges online - they just arrived today in the mail.

Need to find a nice wooden wall mount 'thingy' next.