Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone have experience with deans cards?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with them. I found their link on one of the CU pages. Was their grading accurate? They list the condition of cards, but because of their volume there werent any scans.
Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top

Comments

• bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    I've never dealt with them directly, but looks like their prices are heavily overpriced. They do have a nice website and seem like decent people. I'm not sure if he ever participates on this board, but he was on Net54 last week and got shredded pretty good.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • The funny thing was he got shredded on Net 54 for asking for help with 1939 Play Ball, and what he ended up writing in his blog would have been a great addition to the Net 54 board and the knowledge base.
    He could and should have been a nice addition to that board; but did not quite use great etiquette in fitting in. I will admit; I was one of those who "shredded" him, in no small part because of a "taking" attitude he showed and not willing to "give back".
    The first item he asked about were 1964 Phantom Phillies World Series Tickets. When he was told what the price of those reasonably common items were, he just said, "At that price, I'll put them back on the shelf".
    Then came the infamous 1939 Play Ball thread.

As I said on Net 54; And I'll repeat here, if Dean wishes to post what he has now written in his blog about that set, I'm sure the denizens of Net 54 would be very appreciative.

Regards
    Rich

P.S. I went to his website and I realize he has a pretty wide collecting audience; but when your prices are 3-4X of Burbank on NM 1968 Topps baseball; that is pretty impressive.

Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The funny thing was he got shredded on Net 54 for asking for help with 1939 Play Ball, and what he ended up writing in his blog would have been a great addition to the Net 54 board and the knowledge base.
    He could and should have been a nice addition to that board; but did not quite use great etiquette in fitting in. I will admit; I was one of those who "shredded" him, in no small part because of a "taking" attitude he showed and not willing to "give back".
    The first item he asked about were 1964 Phantom Phillies World Series Tickets. When he was told what the price of those reasonably common items were, he just said, "At that price, I'll put them back on the shelf".
    Then came the infamous 1939 Play Ball thread.

As I said on Net 54; And I'll repeat here, if Dean wishes to post what he has now written in his blog about that set, I'm sure the denizens of Net 54 would be very appreciative.

Regards
    Rich

P.S. I went to his website and I realize he has a pretty wide collecting audience; but when your prices are 3-4X of Burbank on NM 1968 Topps baseball; that is pretty impressive. >>

Rich,
    I think he was a bit deserving of the response on the Net54 boards. He gave the impression he was just going to write an informative article on '39 PBs, when in fact he was just getting ready to roll out a set break. Had he been up front with his intentions, I think it would've went over a lot smoother.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I bought some Red Mans from him.....I found them to be overgraded. He had a return policy, but it wasn't worth the hassle of me returning them.....
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    <====== running over to net 54 to read the shredding.

I would not pay his prices. I have no idea how he grades cuz I can;t get beyond the prices.

lol

Stev
    Good for you.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    Overpriced, overgraded, and not an easy person to deal with. Will never buy from him again unless I am DESPERATE and a last resort.