Home Precious Metals
Options

Best vehicle for buying gold?

If you were going to spend a few thousand dollars on gold, what coin/vehicle would be the best buy?

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I like AGE's the best for resale demand.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    If I were spending a few grand on gold I'd be buying AGEs considering the correction with gold below $1100.00
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this one:

link

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try this one:

link

image >>

No, that's the best vehicle to buy after you make a huge profit selling your gold.

The best vehicle for buying gold is an armored truck! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your reasons for buying.

Uncirculated Gold Eagles are about the easiest, "no brainer" physical gold play. Widely available, widely purchased. US government assayer. Low(er) premium vs. numismatic gold, even lower if you buy unslabbed.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    best "vehicle" in my opinion would be a full size pick up truck. You can fit a lot of gold in the bed!
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Depends on your reasons for buying.

Uncirculated Gold Eagles are about the easiest, "no brainer" physical gold play. Widely available, widely purchased. US government assayer. Low(er) premium vs. numismatic gold, even lower if you buy unslabbed. >>

Yup. Very liquid in the marketplace.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.