Home Sports Talk
Options

Urban is leaving UF!!

NOOOOOO!!!!

Sounds like health issues? Says he's staying in Gainesville...Urg, not a good Christmas present...

Comments

• Options
    I just got a text message from a friend and thought it was a joke.
  • Options
    Wonder who they'll get to replace him? Too bad for Charlie Strong that he just took a HC position at Louisville. He had been with UF forever and it's sad to think if he just stayed around a few more weeks maybe he'd be HC for Florida? Then again Jeremy Floey may have been reluctant to put someone with no previous experiance as HC for Florida.

Maybe they should ring up the ol' Head Ball Coach? He can't be happy in South Carolina...can he?

*sigh* I obviously want Urban to look out for his health issues, but it sux we're losing so many players, so many coaches and now Urban.
  • Options
    Hate it for Meyer butlove it from the standpoint of an LSU fan. Maybe we can trade Les Miles to Florida for like 2 helmets.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CHARLIE WEIS just signed a 5 year contract to coach Florida. (JOKING)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Hate it for Meyer butlove it from the standpoint of an LSU fan. Maybe we can trade Les Miles to Florida for like 2 helmets. >>

heh heh.... you said "butlove" :-))
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I decided not to comment on this.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Wait after consulting my wife I changed my mind. Urbie must of called Brett for advice.
  • Options
    Alcohol related, guaranteed...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Alcohol related, guaranteed... >>

Mauer and Morneau are HGH junkies, guaranteed...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Alcohol related, guaranteed... >>

Mauer and Morneau are HGH junkies, guaranteed... >>

Wow you really are an idiot, lsutigers.

As for Urban, I'm sure he woke up, realized he wasn't going to have baby jesus on his team anymore, freaked out, and said he was quitting (then used some idiotic 'health issues' reason)...remarkably, overnight, the millions he realized he'd be giving up millions of dollars and said 'screw it, even if we suck I've gotta get paid, fool!'

If doctors really told him his health had to come first, he'd be done after the next game. The fact that he's pursuing a career 'sometime in the future' tells me it was never a health scare.

He really is as fake and phony as everyone says he is.
  • Options

<< <i>He really is as fake and phony as everyone says he is. >>

Look who's talking.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax, Florida fans, Urban is coming back after his "indefinite leave of absense".
  • Options
    In case any mental midgets (I'm looking at you HGenesis) think Urban was "faking it", you need to read this story.

The local paper here in Gainesville just obtained the 911 call of Shelley Meyer, what a scary moment that must have been for her.

Shelley Meyer said her husband had fallen off the bed and was on his stomach on the floor, at which point Shelley repeatedly tried to wake him with quiet calls of “Urban, Urban. Wake up. Urb.”

According to the audio tape, Meyer continued breathing and “sort of grunting” but could not talk, Shelley Meyer told the dispatcher. At one point Shelley Meyer adds, “It's almost like he's trying to cry.”
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In case any mental midgets (I'm looking at you HGenesis) think Urban was "faking it", you need to read this story.

The local paper here in Gainesville just obtained the 911 call of Shelley Meyer, what a scary moment that must have been for her.

Shelley Meyer said her husband had fallen off the bed and was on his stomach on the floor, at which point Shelley repeatedly tried to wake him with quiet calls of “Urban, Urban. Wake up. Urb.”

According to the audio tape, Meyer continued breathing and “sort of grunting” but could not talk, Shelley Meyer told the dispatcher. At one point Shelley Meyer adds, “It's almost like he's trying to cry.” >>

I guess 911 calls are public info, but it just seems this is a lack of respect for the Meyer's privacy to run this on Sportscenter over and over.
  • Options
    Something sure is fishy about this whole deal, but because he's a god in Florida having coached baby jesus tebow, they'll never tell. So he has a medical episode so severe he has to go to the hospital, his doctors tell him his job is going to kill him, and then he turns a 180 on his quitting to take a leave of absence?

Something is indeed up...