Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Delete

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copied and pasted from another thread I gave this advice in this morning (only I changed the item to yours).

Unless you have a very strong following on ebay, I would consider consigning the 1972 McCarver PSA 10 to the eBay seller prewarcardcollector (www.pwccauctions.com). Brent has a tremendous following of bidders, he is extremely well organized, he presents his eBay listings very attractively, and he usually gets stronger prices than the average ebay seller. His rates include all fees, and are not much more than the eBay and paypal fees you'd pay anyway. I did it recently with a POP 2 1972 Topps #400 Tony Oliva PSA 10 and I was very happy with the results.

I am in no way connected to this seller, just letting you know about my positive experience.

Good luck with however you proceed.
  • Options
    I would guess $225.00image
  • Options
    ken61ken61 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Nice card. Low pop commons are a crapshoot, to be sure. So it's hard to say. I do think we've passed the peak of commons from the 60s and 70s going for really crazy money. I think we all know why.

All my ex's live in Texas.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice card. Low pop commons are a crapshoot, to be sure. So it's hard to say. I do think we've passed the peak of commons from the 60s and 70s going for really crazy money. I think we all know why.

All my ex's live in Texas. >>

Not all of us are up on the backstory. I'm sort of new to collecting online, and don't know all these fun historical things. Care to share?
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In ma opinion, that card has got to be worth... >>

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Depends on who is collecting the set, as far as what prices low pop commons command. All it takes is two wealthy bidders to drive sales up. In the case of the 1975 Topps Minis, for example, low pop commons in PSA 9 routinely sell for $200-$500+. PSA 10 commons fetch $200 (pop 5+) to $700 (pop 1 or 2).
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I've been following the 72's for a little bit and it seems like the top 72 set collectors are in a lull right now. Only high grade HOFers are drawing big money.
  • Options
    If you decide to list it yourself you could try a 30 day buy it now/make an offer listing. Cost to give that route a try around .50 or so. Good luck!
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I would put it on ebay.........You are not going to get rich on it, even with it being a 1 of 1.

I would start it at $199.99 and hopefully you will find two of the whales to bid on it.

My guess is $225-$325
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete