Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for a trade ?? 1970 Topps Baseball PSA Extras

Not looking to sell right now, but wouldn't turn it down either. My preference right now is for us to help each other fill sets.

Here's a list of my spares at the moment:

22 RAY WASHBURN PSA 7
77 FRANK LINZY PSA 8
140 REGGIE JACKSON PSA 5
220 STEVE CARLTON PSA 7
267 TWINS ROOKIES PSA 8
268 CLAUDE RAYMOND PSA 8
269 CESAR GUTIERREZ PSA 8
276 RON HUNT PSA 8
277 PAUL DOYLE PSA 8
283 ANGEL BRAVO PSA 8
285 PAUL BLAIR PSA 7
288 LARRY HISLE PSA 8
292 EDDIE LEON PSA 8
294 JOSE AZCUE PSA 8(2)
296 WOODY WOODWARD PSA 7
300 TOM SEAVER PSA 7.5
308 WORLD SERIES GAME 4 PSA 7
326 BILL VOSS PSA 8
326 BILL VOSS PSA 7
332 BOBBY WINE PSA 8(2)
345 AL FERRARA PSA 8(2)
352 BOB BARTON PSA 7
364 DAN MCGINN PSA 8
364 DAN MCGINN PSA 7.5
393 JOHN GELNAR PSA 8.5
429 CUBS ROOKIES PSA 7
450 WILLIE MCCOVEY ALL-STAR PSA 8
466 JUAN MARICHAL ALL-STAR PSA 7
560 GAYLORD PERRY PSA 8
568 STAN BAHNSEN PSA 8
573 PADRES ROOKIES PSA 9 (OC)
577 BERNIE ALLEN PSA 8
577 BERNIE ALLEN PSA 7
588 CHECKLIST (#666-ADOLFO) PSA 8
633 ROGER NELSON PSA 7 (ST)
639 DAVE CAMPBELL PSA 9 (OC)
645 DON MONEY PSA 8
711 ED BRINKMAN PSA 8
713 PILOTS TEAM PSA 7
716 CARDS ROOKIES PSA 8
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    I am brand new on the forum ... not sure even how to post a picture, post animation or anything. I am, however, on the set registry with a 1971 topps baseball (JMacs 1971 set) and 1971 topps hockey (rick loves the whalers).

I am going to be starting a 1970 baseball psa in 8 or better. Not sure why but I am.

Do not have access to the pop report so can someone tell me the harder cards tp get? 1971 baseball took me a long time so we'll see how this goes.

Thanks and I've always loved these boards ... for years.

Rick
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I am brand new on the forum ... not sure even how to post a picture, post animation or anything. I am, however, on the set registry with a 1971 topps baseball (JMacs 1971 set) and 1971 topps hockey (rick loves the whalers).

I am going to be starting a 1970 baseball psa in 8 or better. Not sure why but I am.

Do not have access to the pop report so can someone tell me the harder cards tp get? 1971 baseball took me a long time so we'll see how this goes.

Thanks and I've always loved these boards ... for years.

Rick >>

I can send you the "toughest" list, but it sort of depends on your definition: is it the cards with the lowest number of cards 8 & over, for example, or is it the cards with the lowest percentage submitted that graded 8 or over? Right off the top, I'd say that the All-Star cards are generally the hardest to get well-centered.

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply ..... I guess I'd like to know the cards with the lowest % of cards submitted. I have about 125 already graded 1970's so the adventure might get long. I have a bunch of 1970 graded packs and even sold on ebay a 1970 rack with clemente showing a few years ago (when I was funding my 1971 baseball set) so I have decent experience with this set ... but not an experienced collector like yourself and others.

Quite honestly I was surprised to find so few of these psa cards on ebay lately ... is it an unpopular set to collect?

As I get more and more into this set, I enjoy the people I meet as I go thru the journey ... if you look at my 1971 set I've mentioned a few names who helped me thru the set completion .... but this is my first venture onto these boards. I'd like to send a link to the set but have no clue how to do it, nor do I know what a pm is or how it works (I'll figure it out though).

So, all in all the journey begins and I appreciate your help here and perhaps the opportunity to do business in the future.

Rick
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    bking - which cards do you need? Registry set link or identification works, rather than typing everything out if they're not already in a cut-and-paste format.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the reply ..... I guess I'd like to know the cards with the lowest % of cards submitted. I have about 125 already graded 1970's so the adventure might get long. I have a bunch of 1970 graded packs and even sold on ebay a 1970 rack with clemente showing a few years ago (when I was funding my 1971 baseball set) so I have decent experience with this set ... but not an experienced collector like yourself and others.

Quite honestly I was surprised to find so few of these psa cards on ebay lately ... is it an unpopular set to collect?

As I get more and more into this set, I enjoy the people I meet as I go thru the journey ... if you look at my 1971 set I've mentioned a few names who helped me thru the set completion .... but this is my first venture onto these boards. I'd like to send a link to the set but have no clue how to do it, nor do I know what a pm is or how it works (I'll figure it out though).

So, all in all the journey begins and I appreciate your help here and perhaps the opportunity to do business in the future.

Rick >>

I'm about to run out the door and be productive, but I'll post a list of the top 20-30 cards in terms of submission quantity later tonight. As for the amount of EBay traffic, I don't know what to say other than the 1970 set always gets overlooked due to it's younger sibling (the 1971) and lack of any key RCs. I collect it because it's the very first year I really got into cards as a kid. FWIW - I hated the 1971's as a kid due to the lack of stats on the back. Not as much "handling appeal" for me.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------