Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Darkside Numismatic Goals for 2010?

The 2009 roundup is being held in another thread. What are your darkside numismatic goals for 2010? We'll chat about them now and again next December.

My goals include locating a 2010 MS69 Silver Britannia for my set, and maybe some 18th/19th century British type and/or some world bird coins. I may revise those last two at some point. I'm still thinking.

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    To get my collection organized!! I have coins laying EVERYWHERE!! I wish there were MORE World Coin Albums from Dansco.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope to have something from the time of Christ by years end. I love NGC's grading system on ancients (hate the prongs).

Maybe a tetradrachem or something big with a nice design. Just one coin, maybe gold, 2K to 5K.
    Thrace? Byzantine? I don't know yet.

If that doesn't happen, maybe a Rouble or an old Thaler. 1600's or 1700's
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal is to get my collection imaged, which means that I'll also have to learn to use my new (and first) camera.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    1. To get at least 3, more than 8 coin, registry sets to number one.

2. To find enough money to be able to do that.

3. As with a lot of posters, to quit lusting for "shiny things" that don't fit my collecting goals.

4. To define my collecting goals image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of practically everything perhaps save my Scots coins and use the funds raised for humanitarian projects.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell all but a few of the coins in my collection.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Well, I did the whole image the collection and sell off all but the core things this past year.

For 2010 I'm going to try to get serious about working out a database schema and honing my programming skills to make an online Krause-killer, and hopefully find some folks to help on that project. I've been in the plotting and scheming stages for years, time to finally make something of it!
  • Options
    Add the final coin to my GB Jubilee (1887) silver collection, I need a crown that has the look that matches the rest.

Add at least 1 coin to my Rugby coins of the world, I am missing 6 of 40 coins that I am aware of.

Have some of my coins/medals professionally imaged.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    1. I need 62 coins to complete my Canadian Registry Set Circulation strikes 1858-1952. I would like to knock it down to 31.
    2. Continue to sell off my duplicates to finance #1.
    3. Introduce another collector to the darkside.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick up 1 or 2 coins for my birthyear collection. image
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Haven't decided yet.

Let me get back to you.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2010 goals are:
    Add to my silver Britannia set
    Add to my silver Maple Leaf set
    Continue to learn about all numismatics from the Dark Side Forum (you guys really have some beautiful examples)
    Sell off most of my boring US Mint items (keep my ASE set)

Happy New Year,
    -Robert
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    Filling more holes in the Farthing collection, adding some different varieties to the mix and upgrading some lower grade stuff.

Acquiring more Numismatic literature.
  • Options

<< <i>For 2010 I'm going to try to get serious about working out a database schema and honing my programming skills to make an online Krause-killer, and hopefully find some folks to help on that project. I've been in the plotting and scheming stages for years, time to finally make something of it! >>

This could be interesting!image

As to the OP, the coming year is really going to be more of the same. I hope to continue refining my collection, building on what interests me the most right now - art and history in coinage.
  • Options

Polish 10 Zlotych (KM #22)
    German 5 Mark (KM #112.1)
    Lithuanian 10 Litu (KM #83)

That's pretty much it as far a world coins. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
  • Options
    - Get some of my nicer raw coins certified
    - Pick up another shooting thaler
    - 19th Century South American Crowns
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to complete at least 1 of my Australian registry sets. I'd also like to get a couple more of the Australian proclamation coins that I'm missing.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.