Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Christmas Coins

I picked up the below coin as a Christmas present for myself. Anyone else buy themself or recieve a coin for the Holidays

PCGS AU55

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sweet! I really dig mexican coins. The designs have stayed consistent and have very cool symbolic devices. The 1979 Malta One Pound in the thread I posted today was given to me as a gift by my girlfriend. I insisted that she not buy me coins for Christmas because odds are she'd either spend too much on a coin that didn't warrant the price or she'd have to dive into learning about a hobby that doesn't particularly engage her. Knowing her, it would be the latter. The compromise she came up with is that we browsed ebay for about an hour while I pointed out coins I could use for my collection that weren't ridiculously priced. She picked. I think she did very well.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    I just received this one today (Christmas eve). It's not a particularly rare date, but a bit more difficult to obtain than most in decent condition.

As a bonus, I got it for about $7 US including postage! (filling holes with another raw ebay pick)

It has some pretty cool die clashing (double hits!) on the reverse which doesn't show too well in the pic.

• Options
    picked this up

• Options

<< <i>picked this up
    >>

WOW. That's a STUNNER. Good eye!
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>picked this up
    >>

WOW. That's a STUNNER. Good eye! >>

Thank you, teletrade steal of the year. image
  • Options
    Yup, Santa found out I ordered the Melk Abbey coin the other day and thought I should have another one...
    Austria, 2008 10 Euro Proof, Seckau Abbey
    I must have been good last year!
    Jim