Home Precious Metals
Options

My UHR Double eagle goes back

I purchased a 2009 Double eagle from the mint site recently and the piece arrived yesterday. I suppose it was okay, I thought that the book was neater than the coin which reminded me of one of those "collector" pieces they advertise in the Sunday paper supplement. Anyhow, not for me and i sent it back today, I don't mean to insult anyone who likes them but I'm going to take that money and buy a real St Gaudens $20.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Mint takes returns?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Returning the coin simply because it doesn't turn you on is one of the most legitimate reasons that I can think of for returning it.

Enjoy your Double Eagle!image

(I'm still keeping mine, tho').image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I think a lot of it was that "presentation case," it just left me cold. Then I got to thinking "over $1500, I could get a--------" and that was all it took to make the return decision ( I actually put it up for sale on the BST until one of my "brothers" hipped me to the fact that I could just return it for essentially no reason). I still like the Buffalo gold pieces, but I think I'll wait until I can get one in my hands.
    Again, I don't mean to offend anyone with my critique of the piece, collecting is so subjective that quite often what another thinks is meaningless, they have sold a ton of these so people do like them, and remember, I also collect postcards and matchbook coversimage
  • Options
    Yellowkid; You have no need to apologize.

Every one likes different coins.

It's your money buy & keep what makes you happy!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Whatever floats your boat J. I love the little buggers and I can't put my finger on why. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a lot of it was that "presentation case," it just left me cold. Then I got to thinking "over $1500, I could get a--------" and that was all it took to make the return decision ( I actually put it up for sale on the BST until one of my "brothers" hipped me to the fact that I could just return it for essentially no reason). I still like the Buffalo gold pieces, but I think I'll wait until I can get one in my hands.
    Again, I don't mean to offend anyone with my critique of the piece, collecting is so subjective that quite often what another thinks is meaningless, they have sold a ton of these so people do like them, and remember, I also collect postcards and matchbook coversimage >>

Sounds like buyers remorse. Never heard of anyone returning a coin because they didn't like the packaging. You'll get another chance to buy in the secondary market. I get the feeling they'll be selling a lot closer to melt in the future.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Close to melt, I'll trade every durn one of my Buffalo 1oz & AGE 1oz'ers for them then!!!imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Sounds like buyers remorse. Never heard of anyone returning a coin because they didn't like the packaging. You'll get another chance to buy in the secondary market. I get the feeling they'll be selling a lot closer to melt in the future. >>

I didn't return mine, but I did find the package to be a big disappointment. Although it is attractive, it is so overdone and wasteful.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Sounds like buyers remorse. Never heard of anyone returning a coin because they didn't like the packaging. You'll get another chance to buy in the secondary market. I get the feeling they'll be selling a lot closer to melt in the future. >>

I didn't return mine, but I did find the package to be a big disappointment. Although it is attractive, it is so overdone and wasteful. >>

Agree. The box was way too large for such a small coin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I had to have a UHR, 'nuff said.

ideally though, that old-mix stuff works best for me. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I didn't return mine, but I did find the package to be a big disappointment. Although it is attractive, it is so overdone and wasteful. >>

Wasteful, that says it! I considered just keeping the coin but when I thought about it that didn't make much sense, for something like $400 over melt. I think it was designed more for the people that don't collect coins. I don't mean that as a knock, but if you have a large collection where does that box go?
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    "but if you have a large collection where does that box go?

Fire pit image
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased a 2009 Double eagle from the mint site recently and the piece arrived yesterday. I suppose it was okay, I thought that the book was neater than the coin which reminded me of one of those "collector" pieces they advertise in the Sunday paper supplement. Anyhow, not for me and i sent it back today, I don't mean to insult anyone who likes them but I'm going to take that money and buy a real St Gaudens $20. >>

I just had to have a UHR. I sure hope they come through with the Palladium coin this year imageimageimage

EBAY ITEMS
  • Options
    I store my pocket piece in my UHR box fits nicely!image

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellowkid,

If you still want just the book, let me know. I have 2 separate ones that are still unopened.
    Never did get around to ebaying them and tired of having them around.

I hear you on the UHR though. Bought one when they first came out. So did a friend. Neither of us liked them much. We both sold them pretty quickly as, at that time, there was the 1 per address limit and it was better to sell than to return (I also sent 1 of them in for grading (mine) and got a 70 back.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Nice