Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is First Strike available for 2009 fractional gold eagles?

ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
2009 Fractional gold eagles ($5, $10, $25) were first released this month, as far as I know. Should First Strike be available for these is I sent in a submission that they received this week?

They are telling me that it's not available, and as far as I know the mint didn't release these until early December. The webpage is of no help - it's out of date.

BTW, they are available for sale on Ebay, so I know they exist...

Comments

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one?
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    I sent mine in last week also, but for some reason I thought they would qualify for FS. Guess they owe me $14 each refund.image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

<< <i>I sent mine in last week also, but for some reason I thought they would qualify for FS. Guess they owe me $14 each refund.image >>

Did they receive and accept your shipment yet? Mine is on "Receive Hold." I just want to get my facts straight before I call them.
  • drfishdrfish Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    APMEX has FS 2009 fractionals for sale on their website
    I called and talked to Customer Service and they were VERY confused and didn't know. They are checking into it.

At first the story was that only the $25 was eligible. Then the story changed that only the $5 and $10 were eligible. I told her that they were all released the same day... Then she mentioned that Jan 31 was the cutoff date, and I of course said they weren't released until Dec 3. So they're checking into it.... waiting for an answer, but I'm sure they'll come around.

Frustrating though, you'd think they'd be on top of this stuff.
    OK, just got word back from them that they are eligible for First Strike and there is no problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file