Home Precious Metals
Options

any news on the CFTC position limits?

I guess that the CFTC has been talking about putting position limits on commodities to reduce excessive speculating probably because of the huge rise on oil prices a short time ago. Supposedly this is going to apply to the metals as well and Ted Butler claims that the the position limits on the metals will have a huge impact on the prices upwards as it will basically end the manipulation by a handful of players. Last I heard they were going to finalize plans before winter so here we are at the start of winter, and no rules have been set yet? Anyone have anymore info on whats going on?

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard anything and certainly Ted Butler would have an article out following any changes. Considering that a couple of banks are carrying a total of approx 43,000 Comex silver shorts, would a future limit be placed on the bank itself or on each individual "investor?" If the bank has say 10 customers each with a proposed new limit of 1500 short positions, is there any issue with the bank managing those 15,000 total positions? Will the CFTC ensure that the bank's own positions are separate from their investors?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold