Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WHAT ARE THESE PRESIDENTIAL VARIETIES DOLLARS WORTH?

Hey Guys,

Although these coins are not for sale, I was wondering what anyone thought they were worth, for insurance purposes, and just plain curosity. Can anyone tell me what you think they are worth?

2009 D HARRISON MS66 POS A WEAK EDGE LETTERING

2009 P JOHN TYLER MS65 POS B WEAK EDGE LETTERING

2009 P POLK MS67 POS A WEAK EDGE LETTERING

2009 P POLK MS67 POS B WEAK EDGE LETTERING

It is sort of interesting and difficult to put a price on these because they are not FDI's, but in this case they are the highest graded coins for their variety slots; even higher graded than the FDI's of their respective varieties. And, whats more, their grades are not only the highest but also the only ones which currently exist with the exception of the Tyler Pos B which has a population of only (2) two. Which makes it all the more interesting because FDI's are generally considered to be worth more. Tell me what you guys think?

It kind of spins FDI's and their respective grades and price values on their heads so to speak.

Also, congratulations is in order to Lee for having moved into 5th rank recently for his set, "Presidential Dollars Circulation Strikes and Major Varieties First Day of Issue".

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks on the congrats!

My strategy is to simply keep up with the Jones's until the Jones's lose interest when this series becomes dormant! Then I'll quietly slip into 1st place!

As for your question, auction sales is what will dictate these prices in the future but some have to change hands. If auction sales do not occur, enough privately documented sales may do the trick. On pop 1 and 2 coins, establishing a price can be very risky in that the populations could change overnight. A fellow will have to have very deep pockets filled with disposable income in order to invest in these coins.

Good luck at Long Beach.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!