Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL coaching rumor mill for Cowboys and Redskins

Mike Shanahan to coach either the Redskins or Dallas.

Jon Gruden to the Redskins

Who knows? its that time of the season when team owners start looking at the future.

Comments

• Options
    The Cowboys win over the Saints may have saved Phillips' job. Have to wonder if a win over the Cowboys would save Zorn's job.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Cowboys win over the Saints may have saved Phillips' job. >>

The Cowboys look like a lock to get into the playoffs...but if they lose in the first round, or possibly even the second round...I think Jerry Jones will likely make a head coaching change to the names mentioned or perhaps someone else...but it's hard to predict what Jerry Jones is gonna do.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

The Cowboys look like a lock to get into the playoffs...but if they lose in the first round, or possibly even the second round...I think Jerry Jones will likely make a head coaching change to the names mentioned or perhaps someone else...but it's hard to predict what Jerry Jones is gonna do. >>

I agree Steve. I must say though, anbody but Jon Gruden!
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    What happened to Jason Garrett being the heir-apparent to the Dallas Head Coaching job? Didn't he turn down offers to be a head coach elsewhere because the word from Papa Jerry was that he will be next head coach in Dallas if he stayed?

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

Probably so -- at least for now. Doubt it will save Folk's job, though.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put Folk AND Phillips on the same bus outa town to anywhere with a one-way ticket. Good riddens!!!!!!

Shanahan would be a great change or even Cower. Anybody who will do something besides standing on the sidelines looking like an idiot!!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    These teams-- in fact, all teams-- should spend more time worrying about how to maximize the talent level on their rosters, and less time fretting over who's going to be wearing headphones and throwing red flags.
  • Options
    Anybody who will do something besides standing on the sidelines looking like an idiot!! >>

I thought you were talking about Lovie Smith. Buy him a ticket on the same bus. I want Cowher in Chicago.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    "What happened to Jason Garrett being the heir-apparent to the Dallas Head Coaching job? Didn't he turn down offers to be a head coach elsewhere because the word from Papa Jerry was that he will be next head coach in Dallas if he stayed?"

That was apparently the plan at one time but Jason Garrett's star has faded in Jerry Jones eyes and
    he is not that impressed with him anymore.